ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #781 of 1,497
QT5s should have juicy thick mids , if they sound recessed and the source has been ruled out then definitely this needs rectification! If they are sent to Bhazard asap he will know immediately and Id imagine it would be in Jims best interest to immediately accept return and cover the cost of shipping and replacement.

Anything less is very poor business practice.

Am sorry bhazard if its a hassle but maybe take one for team just this once? Id buy you a beer or two if you were local+ !
beerchug.gif

A few beers from me too. I'll try to fit a six pack on the box with the IEMs.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #783 of 1,497
Very early impressions with Mojo (I'm about 5 songs in):
Man these are thick! Midbass all the way to lower mids are thick and heavy, a bit overpowering sometimes, even flabby. Mid-mids upwards are very well done. Vocals and guitars sound excellent and natural. Treble (I'm using stock wide-bores) is smooth and pleasant with a delicate shimmer. Need more time to adjust and listen, maybe I'll put it in the burner for a day or two as well. Hope the bass to low mids tighten up and shed some fat.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #784 of 1,497
Man these are thick! Midbass all the way to lower mids are thick and heavy, a bit overpowering sometimes, even flabby. Mid-mids upwards are very well done. Vocals and guitars sound excellent and natural. Treble (I'm using stock wide-bores) is smooth and pleasant with a delicate shimmer. Need more time to adjust and listen, maybe I'll put it in the burner for a day or two as well. Hope the bass to low mids tighten up and shed some fat.

What I've noticed was exactly the bass getting tighter every 50 hours or so. These figures sometimes sound stupid but it was at 200hrs that I've noticed the bass getting impressively tight and I was done there. Now I love their bass, just would welcome the sub-bass separation of the mid bass of the SW3, with all that weight on sub. That's quite amazing.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #785 of 1,497

Congrats! You really nailed the OOTB impression , sums up how they sounded to me OOTB also except I described it like a kid from kindy . Now heading towards the 150 hour mark and the fat has been shed as you say from lower frequencies and much tighter with more seperation between sub , lower and mid . :beerchug:

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #786 of 1,497

Great!!!!

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #787 of 1,497

Did some tip rolling and the largest sized black seem to provide the best SQ .. hard to imagine better but am curious to try out a few mentioned a page or two back.. :tongue_smile: :basshead:

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #788 of 1,497

Did some tip rolling and the largest sized black seem to provide the best SQ .. hard to imagine better but am curious to try out a few mentioned a page or two back.. :tongue_smile: :basshead:

Interesting, I also went with the largest black tips today because they fit my ear better and noticed some improvement in the mids. My attempts at playing just one more song have become futile. I keep hearing new spatial cues and sound as if I'm in the studio or on stage with the artist.

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #790 of 1,497
Actually I'd were put a lot effort to QT5 and find out the best solution of fitting an comfort all the time.
End out still can't get my own answer.
Here is my sample drawing, hope you guys don't scold me again :D
Over the passed I've had sound leak an issue, just because of that huge nozzle tube and let me headache sometimes.
But nothing to solve, just seen after market have custom foam tips will works nice :)
29745048-54AC-4294-8160-D6B23A45CD62_zpscmoijquz.jpg

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #791 of 1,497
Same goes with me. It's like "pouring a bucket of cold water over your head"! Making a purchase is as if you see the sign " park at your own risks " and I'm still waiting for my TK13 after it's shipped on 26/05...

You very nicely described the situation " Park at your own risk ", but actually am not in the position to take the risk .

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #792 of 1,497
Wait a bit longer..
There will be some more reviews coming out in a week,or,so
My wife was kind enough to tape up ,all of my fingers,so,I couldn't hit the .."BUY" buttons
I am also,waiting on,these upcoming reviews/comparisons,before I get the Music Makers SWIII's

Rotsaruck,
Mike

Thanks Mike,
I also thinking in the same way, it is better if we wait a bit more and see some more impressions and comparisons before pushing the BUY button.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #794 of 1,497
I'm going to listen to Seesax's QT5. I'll know immediately if it's working right or not. I'll know with the new Rob Zombie album. When not right, you could barely hear him. When fixed, he's crystal clear.

It sounds like Jim is willing to play ball on a replacement sent (albeit at my own cost of shipping), but I will let you know ASAP. Sorry for all the back and forth on this, but I may be able to have a replacement set in my hands in not too long. Really appreciate your kind offer. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back