ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #768 of 1,497

My MEE Audio Pinnacle cable arrived today from Amazon (the $43 one) and for anyone looking for a cable available in the US to wear these down rather than over ear, this cable seems fantastic. It is soft, doesn't tangle, has ample length and I love it. I hear zero difference in sound quality vs. the one that came with these, but it's totally worth it to me to wear these down. Just wanted to let you kind folks know that it's a good option. 

Now, more burning in, plugging and unplugging and figuring out if mine are defective or not... :)

-Collin-

I don't get your logic. PLEASE don't rely on burn-in to make any significant changes. It just won't.
Maybe you might have bought this cable mainly for ergonomic purposes and maybe before you got an answer regarding the sending back to China, but for the same price you could have sent them back and get to the bottom of this "situation".

Will you be able to send them for evaluation by a thread member before the sending window closes-in?

If I was in your place I would definitely send them back to China (though it's a expensive) and I will tell you why. If they aren't defective I would learn a valuable lesson about sound signature, which member of this thread can I rely on regarding my taste in sound and what to expect etc...If they are defective I would like to know also, what did I miss and also get a perspective on sound signature and who's hears on this forum can I relate to and may be get a superb IEM too...

I don't know what would be the refunding policies in both cases but I would expect a full refund for the shipping back if they are found defective.
Also I would like my "defective" pair to get measured as soon as they arrive and compare them to a working pair.

This is my 2 cents.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #769 of 1,497
I think QT5 is unlucky for me because every time when I about to order this than I see something that stops my fingers, first time when I finally decide to order and than see a post from somebody who mentioned about the DQSM D2 and I said to myself ' ok wait a little more and check some comparison ' but the itching for buy a new IEM can't let me wait and I trust on the opinions of some respectable QT5 owners here who says that the QT5 is a near to perfect IEM on every aspect and I was about to order it and than again encountered very bad and negative impressions from some people who buy the QT5 and very unhappy with their purchase.
Frustration is on very high level..
Same goes with me. It's like "pouring a bucket of cold water over your head"! Making a purchase is as if you see the sign " park at your own risks " and I'm still waiting for my TK13 after it's shipped on 26/05...

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #770 of 1,497
  I don't get your logic. PLEASE don't rely on burn-in to make any significant changes. It just won't.
Maybe you might have bought this cable mainly for ergonomic purposes and maybe before you got an answer regarding the sending back to China, but for the same price you could have sent them back and get to the bottom of this "situation".

Will you be able to send them for evaluation by a thread member before the sending window closes-in?

If I was in your place I would definitely send them back to China (though it's a expensive) and I will tell you why. If they aren't defective I would learn a valuable lesson about sound signature, which member of this thread can I rely on regarding my taste in sound and what to expect etc...If they are defective I would like to know also, what did I miss and also get a perspective on sound signature and who's hears on this forum can I relate to and may be get a superb IEM too...

I don't know what would be the refunding policies in both cases but I would expect a full refund for the shipping back if they are found defective.

This is my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more of course. It's always a good lesson in both scenarios.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #771 of 1,497

Also I would like my "defective" pair to get measured as soon as they arrive and compare them to a working pair.

This is my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more of course. It's always a good lesson in both scenarios.

I agree with you guys as well. I said the burning in bit jokingly and I do not expect it to make any significant changes, if any. As for the cable, I bought it with the intention that whether or not my IEMs are defective and need to be replaced, I am going to use a cable that suits my needs better. I'm in contact with a few members that are going to hopefully have a listen before the return window expires. If not, I'll send it back to JCK.

I will say this: I don't think my case should deter anyone from buying these. As other members have stated, if there is truly a problem (and I am so wishy washy on this because I do not know if there is a problem!) then you can open a dispute on AliExpress and they will undoubtedly step in and take care of the buyer. I play to buy many more headphones from Jim and do not want to sour a relationship, so I'm treading lightly on how forcefully I want to push the return and shipping. But once again, everyone in this thread other than me is ecstatic with these IEMs it seems. And I do genuinely believe that mine sound significantly different than the day I listened to them. I still feel they are not to my liking due to what I described, but I'm much less sure they're defective now than I was on day one. I just hate to think that if mine are working fine, I've steered others away from purchasing these. 

Hopefully I'll wrap this issue up in the next few days. I would still encourage those considering these to buy them, but understand if there is some caution. The return process alone would give me pause now that I know it first hand. 

-Collin-

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #772 of 1,497

This is my 2 cents.

Really like the way you explained this and couldnt agree more. If they are defective then burn in is not going to help. Ill add that everyone who knows what QT5s are really capable of would agree that if you are considering throwing them in a draw and cutting your losses that theres something not right. :eek: Imo Get em to Bhazard asap!

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #773 of 1,497
SeeSax,
I thought you were going to send them to another head-fier,who lived near you{2 days away?},so,he could check them out?
Whats up with that??

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #774 of 1,497

I agree with you guys as well. I said the burning in bit jokingly and I do not expect it to make any significant changes, if any. As for the cable, I bought it with the intention that whether or not my IEMs are defective and need to be replaced, I am going to use a cable that suits my needs better. I'm in contact with a few members that are going to hopefully have a listen before the return window expires. If not, I'll send it back to JCK.

I will say this: I don't think my case should deter anyone from buying these. As other members have stated, if there is truly a problem (and I am so wishy washy on this because I do not know if there is a problem!) then you can open a dispute on AliExpress and they will undoubtedly step in and take care of the buyer. I play to buy many more headphones from Jim and do not want to sour a relationship, so I'm treading lightly on how forcefully I want to push the return and shipping. But once again, everyone in this thread other than me is ecstatic with these IEMs it seems. And I do genuinely believe that mine sound significantly different than the day I listened to them. I still feel they are not to my liking due to what I described, but I'm much less sure they're defective now than I was on day one. I just hate to think that if mine are working fine, I've steered others away from purchasing these. 

Hopefully I'll wrap this issue up in the next few days. I would still encourage those considering these to buy them, but understand if there is some caution. The return process alone would give me pause now that I know it first hand. 

-Collin-

You haven't steered anyone from anything,we are all big boys.,and
we are all rooting for you.
Your opinions/input in the forums,are well respected,and you have helped many of us,including myself.
Please keep us posted on what the results are in the next 4-5 days-OK
Later,
Mike

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #775 of 1,497
  SeeSax,
I thought you were going to send them to another head-fier,who lived near you{2 days away?},so,he could check them out?
Whats up with that??

I have come into contact with a head-fier who lives two miles away instead of two days away :)

-Collin-

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #778 of 1,497
That would be me, unfortunately no. Another well respected member has not made his findings in this thread til he is 100% sure but what he hears is no bueno, has even tried different cables. His evaluations seem to side with Seesax and he has told me what to look for. I will not have a chance to listen to them til next weekend now, so depending on the return window they may need to get sent to Bhazard who has indeed hear the good and bad of them.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #779 of 1,497
That would be me, unfortunately no. Another well respected member has not made his findings in this thread til he is 100% sure but what he hears is no bueno, has even tried different cables. His evaluations seem to side with Seesax and he has told me what to look for. I will not have a chance to listen to them til next weekend now, so depending on the return window they may need to get sent to Bhazard who has indeed hear the good and bad of them.

QT5s should have juicy thick mids , if they sound recessed and the source has been ruled out then definitely this needs rectification! If they are sent to Bhazard asap he will know immediately and Id imagine it would be in Jims best interest to immediately accept return and cover the cost of shipping and replacement.

Anything less is very poor business practice.

Am sorry bhazard if its a hassle but maybe take one for team just this once? Id buy you a beer or two if you were local+ ! :beerchug:

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #780 of 1,497

I have come into contact with a head-fier who lives two miles away instead of two days away :)

-Collin-

Thats awesome Collin!

I think I'll be 
popcorn.gif
during the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back