ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #751 of 1,497
I don't have the QT5 yet but have both shockwave III and DQSM D2.

They play at about same technical level with both V shaped signature.

D2 has very likeable timbre, great extension both ends and amazing mid range detail that I can almost forgive its v-shape signature and its slight upper bass bleed into lower mids. Very good PRaT and dynamics. I think it plays at AKG3003 level indeed.

SW III has wider soundstage and boast slightly better instrumental separation. Has better forward projection and slightly better sub-bass extension and sub frequency emphasis. Too me SW has more reference kind of tuning which means it is not as fun sounding as D2.

Both are quite shockingly good for $$ spent. I am sitting here with Noble Savant and honestly prefer these two from China than Savant for equally enganging, detailed sound with better bass responses.

I'm intrigued by the D2's may have to pick up a set. Remove-able cables right?

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #752 of 1,497
  Classical can sound quite good with bright earphones. I would think that SW3's would work fine.
However, some soundtrack music goes the full range of the musical spectrum, I'm thinking of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack for example, for that I would prefer the QT5's for their command of the mids and lows, as well as neutral tremble.

My own collection is a mixture of indie music, 80's alternative, club music, electronica, some classical and some jazz.
QT5's are better for that type of collection.

Lord of the rings,is downright depressing --LOL,I have all the CD's,& sometimes I have to struggle through it-,
This SW3,with no cable change,might be another negative ,..-re-thinking again.
Jesus..this hobby.?????

Jun 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #754 of 1,497
  Lord of the rings,is downright depressing --LOL,I have all the CD's,& sometimes I have to struggle through it-,
This SW3,with no cable change,might be another negative ,..-re-thinking again.
Jesus..this hobby.?????

Isn't that the truth!!
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #756 of 1,497
  Anybody tried this IEMs with Spinfit eartips (CP100 model for big bores)?

I couldn't find anything exactly for the QT5's,but I did find this thread-hope it helps

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748473/spinfit-eartips-thread-the-cheapest-audio-upgrade.

What I would do,is-find someone who owns the QT5's,them message him.

If I get anything,I'll post back-OK?

Mike

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #757 of 1,497
I couldn't find anything exactly for the QT5's,but I did find this thread-hope it helps

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748473/spinfit-eartips-thread-the-cheapest-audio-upgrade.

What I would do,is-find someone who owns the QT5's,them message him.

If I get anything,I'll post back-OK?

Mike

Thank you!

I'm just looking for a drop-in replacement of the stock eartips as my QT5s are on the way. In my opinion, best alternatives for QT5's wide bore tips might be Comply Foam tips model T-600 and TS-600 and Spinfit model CP100.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #758 of 1,497
Thank you!

I'm just looking for a drop-in replacement of the stock eartips as my QT5s are on the way. In my opinion, best alternatives for QT5's wide bore tips might be Comply Foam tips model T-600 and TS-600 and Spinfit model CP100.

Spiral Dot and Auvios can fit, Auvio only available in US though

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #761 of 1,497

My MEE Audio Pinnacle cable arrived today from Amazon (the $43 one) and for anyone looking for a cable available in the US to wear these down rather than over ear, this cable seems fantastic. It is soft, doesn't tangle, has ample length and I love it. I hear zero difference in sound quality vs. the one that came with these, but it's totally worth it to me to wear these down. Just wanted to let you kind folks know that it's a good option. 

Now, more burning in, plugging and unplugging and figuring out if mine are defective or not... :)

-Collin-

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #762 of 1,497

Nice to know about the Spiral Dots. I might give them a go. Thanks for sharing.

Should note actually that I don't have QT5 BUT that is what I remember reading another member posted, he easily got them to fit. Twin also got his Auvios to fit no problem

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #763 of 1,497
  Should note actually that I don't have QT5 BUT that is what I remember reading another member posted, he easily got them to fit. Twin also got his Auvios to fit no problem

The Spiral Dots work well for me. See above photo. 

-Collin-

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #765 of 1,497
  I have the Auvios and can't get them on.

Yeah I have no idea how he did it, the cores are really tough. He probably muscled it a bit haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back