ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #722 of 1,497

Thanks and I agree Mike, but at the same time given that I'm not sure if they're defective or not, I don't want to open a dispute on AliExpress. Sort of a tough situation: risk $65 to send back the IEMs and have Jim tell me they're fine, or just keep them and always wonder if mine do not sound like everyone else's. 

I have a better idea: I'll send them to the kind folks on this thread and they can tell me if I'm crazy or not. I'll miss my return window, but I suppose my mental health will be improved 
dt880smile.png

I'd definitely send them back,and request the seller ,sends you another pair
Who knows,maybe the 2nd pair will be fine??
Just think of this--every time ,you walk past the "drawer" .,you will thing of the those IEMS,sitting underneath your underwear---asking yourself...."should I  re-test them?-have the Audio Gods,fixed them,when I was asleep??"
This will haunt you,forever....
You've gone this far,follow it through,see what the seller finds..$60.00 .Jesus,I spend that much money,when I buy a pizza,and a 6pack,here in NY.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #724 of 1,497
  I'd definitely send them back,and request the seller ,sends you another pair
Who knows,maybe the 2nd pair will be fine??
Just think of this--every time ,you walk past the "drawer" .,you will thing of the those IEMS,sitting underneath your underwear---asking yourself...."should I  re-test them?-have the Audio Gods,fixed them,when I was asleep??"
This will haunt you,forever....
You've gone this far,follow it through,see what the seller finds..$60.00 .Jesus,I spend that much money,when I buy a pizza,and a 6pack,here in NY.

Isn't it funny how all dollar amounts are relative? You're right. I'll get this taken care of, then I'll go back through the thread and clean up my mess.  

Oh and you have a PM about the Shockwaves. 

-Collin-

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #725 of 1,497

Will be comparing them within a week or so.

I looked at the DQSM-D2 briefly last night,they do look good,but I will wait a week or so,until Paulus can right a comparison review
Which is ore important than hitting the buy button,as of now,everything is back on hold.

Paulus' opinion/input , is GOSPEL!!-

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #726 of 1,497
Will be comparing them within a week or so.

I looked at the DQSM-D2 briefly last night,they do look good,but I will wait a week or so,until Paulus can right a comparison review
Which is ore important than hitting the buy button,as of now,everything is back on hold.

Paulus' opinion/input , is GOSPEL!!-

Yes but please don't be to positive :) or at least say that the bass on the SW3 are way superior. Our(mine) wallets needs a rest...:)

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #727 of 1,497
If I'm being honest, part of me thinks it's to dissuade folks from a return (just like I thought this when people started talking 200 hour burn-in sessions to miss the return window). But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt although I still can't answer your question lol.

-Collin-

That sucks, 300$ is lot of money. 5day window for return is crazy. Everyone says good thing about the seller but if after sales service is like this , everyone will think twice however good the product is.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #728 of 1,497
Hi, me again. 

After now four messages to Jim, he has finally provided me a means to return/exchange them if I want. The first three messages said something to the effect of "don't worry, we will provide the best service...have you talked to bhazard?" The fourth message, however, outlines the process and it sucks. Basically I have to pay to send them back in a manner that is trackable and that will be received in China within five days. That leaves, FedEx, DHL or USPS Priority International (prices range from $60 to $100). Once I do that, Jim will test them and if there's an issue, he'll send a replacement. I was okay with the two week delay for this whole process, but I'm not okay paying another $60 to $100 to get another pair if mine were defective. 

So, long story short: I'm just going to keep them and throw them in a drawer. I have plenty of other IEMs that I really enjoy and frankly, not every purchase can be a home run. For me, these weren't. Even worse, I think I'm going to stick to name brands from now on simply for an actual warranty rather than catching an AliExpress seller when he is in a good mood.  

-Collin-

You can use USPS flat rate international for $30. It may inconvenience them a bit compared to DHL, but you are the customer.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #730 of 1,497
Actually, if you want to send them to me for $2-3 first class shipping USPS, I can definitely tell if they are good or not.

This is what I'm leaning toward. I think I could easily get them to you by Wednesday, then I'm still sort of within return window and I can then provide you a prepaid shipment if it needs to go back to Jim. Will PM you :)

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #731 of 1,497
  Has anyone tried comparing 1 ear at a time with a mono recording ?

Seams if it's a quality control issue it would show itself in one of the ear phones (maybe two if you are really unlucky or the manufacturer was having a really bad day  
triportsad.gif
 ) and there would be a dramatic difference in sound between the Left and right ear phone.  

When I fixed mine, I did it one ear at a time. You could hear the dramatic difference/imbalance between the side I did the push/twist trick, and the side that didn't. I then did the same thing to the other side and it removed the imbalance and sounded identical.

I've had the Shockwave 3 for a few days now, and it has soundstage/sq that is right around the same tier. If you like a more V shaped sound with a bit less midbass, like a bit brighter treble, and are hesitant on the QT5, it's a solid other option. I do prefer the QT5 over it though for my signature tastes.

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #733 of 1,497
  When I fixed mine, I did it one ear at a time. You could hear the dramatic difference/imbalance between the side I did the push/twist trick, and the side that didn't. I then did the same thing to the other side and it removed the imbalance and sounded identical.

I've had the Shockwave 3 for a few days now, and it has soundstage/sq that is right around the same tier. If you like a more V shaped sound with a bit less midbass, like a bit brighter treble, and are hesitant on the QT5, it's a solid other option. I do prefer the QT5 over it though for my signature tastes.

Is it a...night & day" difference?This whole thing with the Qt5's,has left me with such a negative feeling,and,... since I got a very good price on the SW3's..I will get them.,and save myself from any heartburn.

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #734 of 1,497

Is there a difference between the MrZ and Music Maker version of the Shockwave 3?

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #735 of 1,497
  Is it a...night & day" difference?This whole thing with the Qt5's,has left me with such a negative feeling,and,... since I got a very good price on the SW3's..I will get them.,and save myself from any heartburn.

I don't think it should, my comparison was just between more mid-forward and brighter IEM's. You should read on omastics review. I think his is more accurate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back