ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #692 of 1,497
Paired the Qt5 with the C&C Bh2 amp and switched the SP on and holy cow. The sound is all around my head. I went back and compared my 1ba + 1dd iem and it sounded small in comparison.

Well thats it then . . selling my IEM collection to fund a better portable source for my QT5s .. Note 4 with onboard Wolfson chip is decent through Nuetron player but your making me curious to see how much more these things can do! Anyone else using QT5 for EDM or Dubstep ? Theres a physicality to the lowest frequences that vibrates and tickles my ear canals! :basshead:

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #693 of 1,497
Well thats it then . . selling my IEM collection to fund a better portable source for my QT5s .. Note 4 with onboard Wolfson chip is decent through Nuetron player but your making me curious to see how much more these things can do! Anyone else using QT5 for EDM or Dubstep ? Theres a physicality to the lowest frequences that vibrates and tickles my ear canals!
basshead.gif

wait you have been using them out of the a phone?

Oh man wait till you hear any good pair of headphone out of a decent dap or dac, never mind an amp! I am an EDM head myself :)

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #694 of 1,497
Well thats it then . . selling my IEM collection to fund a better portable source for my QT5s .. Note 4 with onboard Wolfson chip is decent through Nuetron player but your making me curious to see how much more these things can do! Anyone else using QT5 for EDM or Dubstep ? Theres a physicality to the lowest frequences that vibrates and tickles my ear canals!
basshead.gif

If you are looking for a decent DAP, the XDuoo X3 seems to be getting a lot of love, but the tried and true clip zip is about as neutral as they come.

But thats like using ****ty fuel for a nice car. Go big or go home, get something like the FiiO X7 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #695 of 1,497
I currently have a Fidue A73, and the TK12 and LZA3 both look really nice, but this one looks reaaaallly good too. First, how do the TK12 and A3 compare to the A73? And is the big premium to the Shockwave III worth it? Keep in mind I'd MUCH rather spend less than that of Shockwave III price. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #697 of 1,497
just to share my impression, mine unit sound the same when i first got it and after burn in for 40 hours, the turning of the mmcx connector cable does not change anything..(i did it thinking it would magically give me a different sound !) 

instead of finding huge difference via burn in or rotating the connector, i did notice difference source or dap/amp provide different results. Tried it with Mojo, Fiio X3K, Cayin N6, iphone 6 plus, my gaming laptop, xduuo x3, hippo biscuit and hippo cricri+ will give you different type of experience.

it is quite similar to my Beyerdynamic T1.2, plug it to a lesser dap/amp and u will get crappy mid and high and when plug to a good source you will hear its true potential,,maybe it is just me. :) 

as for the cable quality i did feedback to the seller. I told him the cable material is good but the braiding is crappy. But he did give me some technical explanation why it is such a case which i don't really believe in.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #698 of 1,497
If you are looking for a decent DAP, the XDuoo X3 seems to be getting a lot of love, but the tried and true clip zip is about as neutral as they come.

But thats like using ****ty fuel for a nice car. Go big or go home, get something like the FiiO X7 :veryevil:

Thanks for the info! Also looking at the Mojo and Shozy Alien but would prefer a display..

Jun 12, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #702 of 1,497
Paired the Qt5 with the C&C Bh2 amp and switched the SP on and holy cow. The sound is all around my head. I went back and compared my 1ba + 1dd iem and it sounded small in comparison.

QT5 sound much better amped. Well, at least with Chord Mojo. Not that this is mandatory, it's not, but takes it to a whole new level. Concerning mids, I consider them crystal clear, just a tiny bit less transparent than Shockwave III (in a good sense - female vocals sounding fuller), and slightly clearer than FLC8S. In other areas, compared to FLC8S, treble extension is (considerably) superior, with better definition and bass has better quality. Separation is a bit superior as well. I think that the treble alone makes the difference and push them to an higher level. Just my humble opinion though, your mileage may vary.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #703 of 1,497
I did this, albeit with a stereo recording, and both sides sound identical. Maybe my ears are defective rather than the IEMs :)

Stereo s/b could enough to tell if both ears are similar.  Could be a batch of drivers are bad.  Sorry to hear of people's issues with what seems to be an awesome Iem.  I am going to wait on the sidelines until everything gets fixed.
Money in hand ...waiting

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #704 of 1,497
Well thats it then . . selling my IEM collection to fund a better portable source for my QT5s .. Note 4 with onboard Wolfson chip is decent through Nuetron player but your making me curious to see how much more these things can do! Anyone else using QT5 for EDM or Dubstep ? Theres a physicality to the lowest frequences that vibrates and tickles my ear canals! :basshead:

I love my Note 2, but it doesn't have enough volume steps. Thats one thing I love about amps is the volume knob and control. Since you're into edm you might consider an amp with bass boost. You have lots of options there.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #705 of 1,497
Just ran another A/B with and without Mojo and the Mojo also takes QT5's mids to another level of transparency and presence, pushing vocals and instruments forward. I start to think that QT5 truly shines amped. Would like to know others experiences with other amps, because this can be rather the DAC, the amp, or both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back