Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jan 26, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #5,656 of 6,090
  Oh yeah I've seen it...on that note the Puros and Tenores have the Spin Fit tips on them for me now

Nice mate, I'm still trying to get hold of some Auvios and SpinFits.

Not finding it easy tbh lol

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,657 of 6,090
Expensive at $20 a pair, I got two medium and two large for $30 off Ebay in the US. They are pretty damn good though. You would want the CP100. Kinda weird how my Mediums are a smoke gray tip not clear like my Larges and like in the picture here

http://store.jaben.com/products/spinfit-cp100?variant=10648995588

Tons of worldwide shipping here too and they are only $10 a pair 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspinfit.TRS0&_nkw=spinfit&_sacat=0

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #5,658 of 6,090
  Expensive at $20 a pair, I got two medium and two large for $30 off Ebay in the US. They are pretty damn good though. You would want the CP100. Kinda weird how my Mediums are a smoke gray tip not clear like my Larges and like in the picture here

http://store.jaben.com/products/spinfit-cp100?variant=10648995588

Tons of worldwide shipping here too and they are only $10 a pair 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspinfit.TRS0&_nkw=spinfit&_sacat=0

Nice mate, thanks for that. I'll take a look.

Auvios seem to be only available from the US for me which is annoying. :frowning2:

Are you tempted to get some Icons yet? 

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #5,659 of 6,090
According to Twin's new list HCK A2 and Icon's trump Puro and Bette (IHO)....kinda am but I can't spend anymore money on gear unfortunately lol (my girlfriend). Got enough for now anyways.

Spin Fit should be good enough...might actually prefer them over the Auvio for my Bette but still gotta do more listening

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #5,660 of 6,090
  According to Twin's new list HCK A2 and Icon's trump Puro and Bette (IHO)....kinda am but I can't spend anymore money on gear unfortunately lol (my girlfriend). Got enough for now anyways.

Spin Fit should be good enough...might actually prefer them over the Auvio for my Bette but still gotta do more listening

Aww mate, I had a similar situation with my gf too. The way to go about it is buy stuff for her as well, you know this right? :wink:

Personally I think you'd love the Icons though. At the moment they are making me forget about all my other IEMs, yes they are THAT good. :wink:

Check this Reddit post out btw - https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/406u0u/my_crystal_ball_says_these_will_be_the_product_of/

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5,661 of 6,090
Ha it's more of a need to save my money

Sucks so many IEMs need aftermarket tips. That's one thing about the Puro. Stock tips do the job. Aftermarket is just a side option

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #5,662 of 6,090
I just got my Tenores out of the drawer because my other phones all broke.. But i still don't get the appeal. They are completely bass-anemic to my ears. I didn't expect basshead IEMs, but music just isn't fun for me with nearly no bass :/

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #5,663 of 6,090
There's evidence of dramatic variations in the low-end with these, the 'normal' tuning features a low-shelf bump of around 10 dB in the sub-bass, which should be pretty obvious. Maybe you have a bass-light pair.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #5,664 of 6,090
I just got my Tenores out of the drawer because my other phones all broke.. But i still don't get the appeal. They are completely bass-anemic to my ears. I didn't expect basshead IEMs, but music just isn't fun for me with nearly no bass :/

What tips are you using?

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #5,665 of 6,090

There's evidence of dramatic variations in the low-end with these, the 'normal' tuning features a low-shelf bump of around 10 dB in the sub-bass, which should be pretty obvious. Maybe you have a bass-light pair.

Interesting. My pair were quite bassy and warm sounding, but I have seen other people who described them as 'trebly' and jsut chalked it up to different preferences/context... guess this would explain the "Bass Light Tenores" I saw in the FS forums not long ago.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #5,666 of 6,090
What tips are you using?

I tried a few when i got them, right now i think it is the UE TF-10 tips. What are the common tip suggestions for more bass impact?

Well, maybe that's it. If anyone wants a bass-light pair and has for example a pair of Pistons 2 to spare, PN me :wink:

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #5,667 of 6,090
I was using the stock medium tips up until a few weeks ago I switched to Puro tips b/c it gave a bit better clarity, then Monday I received my SpinFit tips and now those are on there. A bit more clarity and airy sound to them. 

I too remember ppl claiming different variations. FWIW I got mine from Amazon

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #5,668 of 6,090
I used spiral dots with them.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #5,669 of 6,090
Well, maybe that's it. If anyone wants a bass-light pair and has for example a pair of Pistons 2 to spare, PN me :wink:

There are instructions on how to pry them apart in this thread (you should do this very carefully), inside there's a damping foam that should be aligned against the bass port of the dynamic driver, but not compressed or displaced, I reckon if you remove this piece you will gain a considerable amount of bass.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #5,670 of 6,090
Thanks, i will look into it. Using the stock tips it's already much better, i'm giving myself time to adjust to them now. The other tips were just a really bad fit for it, while they were the best for the Pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back