Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jan 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5,626 of 6,090
I like Tenore more than GR07 MK2 as well

1st time around I did for a while, then I realised they are very one dimensional in their presentation and lack dynamics somewhat so I traded them. Regretted it ever since. Really interested how I'll like the 2nd pair

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #5,628 of 6,090
The Tenore, they had nice width to the sound but it was always out there, it didn't throw anything forward. They are just very flat, in both frequency response and presentation. This can be both good and bad. I didn't really care at the beginning as I was critically listening to them for response and appreciating them, it was only later when I realised they were missing something

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #5,629 of 6,090
The Tenore, they had nice width to the sound but it was always out there, it didn't throw anything forward. They are just very flat, in both frequency response and presentation. This can be both good and bad. I didn't really care at the beginning as I was critically listening to them for response and appreciating them, it was only later when I realised they were missing something

I think I know what you mean, I get that from them sometimes as well.

Guess it makes it easier to get lost in the sound if you don't overanalyze them.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #5,630 of 6,090

I don't recommend doing critical listening with the Tenore. The flaws reveal themselves very quickly. As to the flat sound, I understand what you mean. They don't slam hard enough in the bass department and there isn't enough accent to the treble, so you don't get a energetic/dynamic sound. But you'll appreciate it when you get tired of aggressive sounding iems.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #5,631 of 6,090
I think I know what you mean, I get that from them sometimes as well.

Guess it makes it easier to get lost in the sound if you don't overanalyze them.

It only started when someone (think it was James444) posted a track asking if anyone found it lacking on the Tenore....I did. It then made me comparing back to the GR07, which I hadn't picked up in ages, and comparing dynamics instead. I then wanted a more dynamic live sound, so I traded them,

I don't recommend doing critical listening with the Tenore. The flaws reveal themselves very quickly. As to the flat sound, I understand what you mean. They don't slam hard enough in the bass department and there isn't enough accent to the treble, so you don't get a energetic/dynamic sound. But you'll appreciate it when you get tired of aggressive sounding iems.

Funny you mention that, I finally got a pair of EPH100's after ages a few months back. They have a really energetic, engaging and dynamic sound that did become fatiguing after a while, only because I listen at pretty high volume levels. Really the opposite to the Tenore in presentation. I'll probably end up getting those again as well at some point.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #5,632 of 6,090
It only started when someone (think it was James444) posted a track asking if anyone found it lacking on the Tenore....I did. It then made me comparing back to the GR07, which I hadn't picked up in ages, and comparing dynamics instead. I then wanted a more dynamic live sound, so I traded them,
Funny you mention that, I finally got a pair of EPH100's after ages a few months back. They have a really energetic, engaging and dynamic sound that did become fatiguing after a while, only because I listen at pretty high volume levels. Really the opposite to the Tenore in presentation. I'll probably end up getting those again as well at some point.

Yeah I've had 2 pairs of EPH100 now, still got my 2nd pair. They are definitely more energetic and engaging when compared with the Tenore. I don't get any fatigue from them at all.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #5,633 of 6,090
The Bettes have very quickly moved up to my favorite IEM, then the Puro's. Tenores and E80's are kind of at a tie. Both do different things nicely. If it wasn't for the Tenores a couple months ago I wouldn't have gotten the E80, Puros or Bettes.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,634 of 6,090
The Bettes have very quickly moved up to my favorite IEM, then the Puro's. Tenores and E80's are kind of at a tie. Both do different things nicely. If it wasn't for the Tenores a couple months ago I wouldn't have gotten the E80, Puros or Bettes.

Apparently the Icons beat the the E50s in overall sound quality, according to one review.

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #5,635 of 6,090
Apparently the Icons beat the the E50s in overall sound quality, according to one review.

Yeah I'm not sure of the E50 sound other than reviews, and the one review that compares both the 50 and 80 I dont agree with his finding of the 80's. He said they are super neutral and not fun. IMHO the mid bass is bumped up (compared to the Tenores, Puros & Bettes) and that makes them more fun for bass tracks and would be perfect at the gym and out doing activities. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #5,636 of 6,090
They key points of the Tenore's are:
1. They are inexpensive for the quality they have
2. They are extremely comfortable, probably one of the best headphones in the comfortable department
3. They sound amazing

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #5,637 of 6,090
Dont doubt the cable, I've had my Tenores for 2 years and the came is totally fine.

I've had mine for about a year and plus I bought mine used.  No issue with cable at all either.  

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #5,638 of 6,090
I have been revisiting my phonaks and i understand whats being said, while thr tenore and the pfe sound very similar the phonaks just invoke a stronger emotional response from me, as if something was missing in the tenores.

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #5,639 of 6,090
I have the Phonaks.  They sound good but getting proper placement in the ear is a challenge. They are also fairly inefficient.

Compare that to the Tenores that are a comfortable fit in the ear and you can even asleep with them in the ears while playing music.

The LZ-A2, which when properly situated are a step up from both the Phonaks and the Tenores, are most comfortable  wear for me than the Phonaks but can not touch the comfort of the Tenores.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #5,640 of 6,090
2nd pair of Tenore's are now with me....not letting this pair go! Traded my 1st pair for the Titan's...bad bad move...couldn't be more different.

Exactly as I remember them, great tonality.

If you like a slightly warm and smooth sound these need to be in your rotation. I don't care if there are better sounding IEM's with this sound sig, for the price of these get them anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back