Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #5,642 of 6,090
  Icons vs Tenores?

This will be done when I have some time.

On the first listen it sounds to me like the Icons are an overall upgrade to the Tenores.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #5,643 of 6,090
I have the Phonaks.  They sound good but getting proper placement in the ear is a challenge. They are also fairly inefficient.

Compare that to the Tenores that are a comfortable fit in the ear and you can even asleep with them in the ears while playing music.

The LZ-A2, which when properly situated are a step up from both the Phonaks and the Tenores, are most comfortable  wear for me than the Phonaks but can not touch the comfort of the Tenores.

As always fit is extremely individual. I for one find the Phonaks more comfortable (and more engaging) than the Tenores and use them as my go to sleep IEM's.

I also prefer the sound of the Phonaks over the LZ-a2 for my preference so YMMV (and obviously does :wink: ).

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #5,644 of 6,090

This will be done when I have some time.

On the first listen it sounds to me like the Icons are an overall upgrade to the Tenores.

cool.gif
  1+

(yes that is also a pun)

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #5,645 of 6,090

cool.gif
  1+

(yes that is also a pun)

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Love your puns mate!

How about a comparison with the Puros? :D

*pun is not available at this time*

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #5,646 of 6,090
In the Puro thread Twin has said the Puros and Icons are tied for #1 on his list.

On that note, anybody with both Puros and Tenores. Try out Puro tips on them. I swear they sound better.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #5,648 of 6,090

Love your puns mate!

How about a comparison with the Puros? :D

*pun is not available at this time*

Lifted, I absolutely Love the Puros and have since I got them but these Icons are something else. I can't describe them other than being "ROUND"

Their sound isn't Dark But it isn't Bright.

It's a Goldilocks Earphone it's JUST RIGHT.

I can listen to these for Hours. Bass has HUGE impact, Mids are just enough upfront to keep the vocals out of the Bass, I very much disagree with a Review I read somewhere about them being unnatural, he must be from another planet.  Highs are there but VERY smooth. Never Harsh, Spiky or Sibilant. VERY ENJOYABLE.

PLUS they aren't real fussy about the source material, they sound good with just about everything. They are Easy to drive.

They are more intimate than the Puros whose soundstage is quite Large. I think that may be due to Single DD v.s. Double DDs. Multiple drivers (to my ears) seem to offer a sense of more spaciousness somehow.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #5,649 of 6,090
on the tenores ?

Yes... I've only ever used the stock med tips for the Tenore which I believe is a thinner material than the Puro tip material. I seem to get a better seal, isolation is seriously around high 90% without any music

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #5,650 of 6,090
In the Puro thread Twin has said the Puros and Icons are tied for #1 on his list.

On that note, anybody with both Puros and Tenores. Try out Puro tips on them. I swear they sound better.

I used to use the spiraldot on the tenor now on the Puro and they both sounds fantastic.
I no longer have the Tenore, donated it to a relative who broke his Apple earphone and he was amazed by the sound quality :sunglasses:

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #5,651 of 6,090
I used to use the spiraldot on the tenor now on the Puro and they both sounds fantastic.
I no longer have the Tenore, donated it to a relative who broke his Apple earphone and he was amazed by the sound quality :sunglasses:

Yeah my coworker wouldn't give in to the Puro or Bette since he broke his Apple Earpods. He instead ordered a couple of $25 ones off Amazon, the cost of the Bettes alone which I'm sure have way better SQ

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #5,652 of 6,090
Just got Medium sized Spin Fit tips from Ebay so they are on my Tenores right now, gonna do some A/B'ing between them on the Puro tips...as well as throw either the other Medium size or one of the two large sizes on the Puro when I get home

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #5,653 of 6,090
I finally received Spiral Dot tips from ebay.  I've had them for about 2 weeks now (it took 54 days to deliver).  

They're fantastic on the Tenore, even better than the MEE DF tips.

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #5,654 of 6,090

Twin has both, I quoted his reply for you. :wink:

Lifted, I absolutely Love the Puros and have since I got them but these Icons are something else. I can't describe them other than being "ROUND"

Their sound isn't Dark But it isn't Bright.

It's a Goldilocks Earphone it's JUST RIGHT.

I can listen to these for Hours. Bass has HUGE impact, Mids are just enough upfront to keep the vocals out of the Bass, I very much disagree with a Review I read somewhere about them being unnatural, he must be from another planet.  Highs are there but VERY smooth. Never Harsh, Spiky or Sibilant. VERY ENJOYABLE.

PLUS they aren't real fussy about the source material, they sound good with just about everything. They are Easy to drive.

They are more intimate than the Puros whose soundstage is quite Large. I think that may be due to Single DD v.s. Double DDs. Multiple drivers (to my ears) seem to offer a sense of more spaciousness somehow.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I wholeheartedly agree with this, the Icons have somehow managed to make me forget about all my other IEMs...

Dark magic I say!!!

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5,655 of 6,090
Oh yeah I've seen it...on that note the Puros and Tenores have the Spin Fit tips on them for me now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back