Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 31, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #5,596 of 6,090
I've had my Tenore for about 10 months now with about 500 hours of use. I've always had issues of the mesh collecting moisture during use. I would use a q-tip and wipe it dry. It is annoying but the last few days have been really bad. I have to raise the volume unusually high just get them to play loud enough. Turn out that the mesh is clogged. This is my first pair of earphones that had its mesh clogged even with regular cleaning because to the very fine material of the mesh. 

I took the mesh out and there was a very noticeable change in sound. The upper mids/lower highs got too forward and harsh. It was no longer smooth. As much as I love an airy and bright sound these got too uncomfortable to listen to even for just a few moments. My solution was to stuff the barrel with some cotton and that tamed the harsh sound.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #5,598 of 6,090
Has anyone had problems with the lack of strain reliefs on either of these IEM's?

I've just received my DX210-C Bassos and they seem frail. The housing is on point, and the cord feels surprisingly nice, i'd go as far as to state it may even be somewhat thicker than the usual earphone cable, but ever so slightly. HOWEVER, the strainrelief is the big issue, whether it may be that these are new iem's to me, but i feel it necessary to take housing out as a whole, rather than just the cord. I've read on some reviews that the cable actually being pulled out of the housing all together due to a sudden unfortunate yank. The plug seems solid, but I highly recommend removing the input by grabbing the base which has 'some' reinforced rubber.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #5,599 of 6,090
Has anyone had problems with the lack of strain reliefs on either of these IEM's?

On my pair of Tenores, the cable on the left earpiece came out of the strain relief, exposing the wire, after about 8 months of use, but it didn't effect the performance. And about half a year later it eventually died. I was pretty careful with them, otherwise I don't think they would have lasted that long.

Still, they are such a good value, and I like their relatively unique sound, that I just bought another one.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #5,600 of 6,090

On my pair of Tenores, the cable on the left earpiece came out of the strain relief, exposing the wire, after about 8 months of use, but it didn't effect the performance. And about half a year later it eventually died. I was pretty careful with them, otherwise I don't think they would have lasted that long.

Still, they are such a good value, and I like their relatively unique sound, that I just bought another one.

The cable sheath (not the cable itself!) has a tendency to come off the strain relief. This has been reported by several users.

However, in my experience, this can be fixed quite easily:

No biggie so far, as the cable is still intact. Tucked it back into the strain relief and secured it with a drop of superglue.

I'll probably do the superglue thing on my new pairs right from the start, just to be on the safe side.

The cable sheath is stronger than it looks and able to withstand some strain. It's just inadequately anchored at the strain relief, so I used superglue to reinforce the joints.

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #5,601 of 6,090

The cable sheath (not the cable itself!) has a tendency to come off the strain relief. This has been reported by several users.

Oops!!
redface.gif
Yeah, that's what I meant, the cable sheath, not the entire cable.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #5,604 of 6,090
From the review on here they are bass kean and need at least 50hrs burn in. Not getting the One Plus?

Cool thanks.

Yeah my OnePlus Icons should be arriving today.

I'm gonna hold off on hunting the puros down for now. One of my mates received the Icons and he said they sound and look amazing! Then again he's not much of an audiophile.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #5,605 of 6,090
Like 3 weeks ago they stole my Tenore's while I was kind of sleeping in the bus. I got to my stop, started walking and I didn't have the Tenore's, and they were in my pocket, they did not run away.

Whatever, I've ordered them again, and they just arrived. I missed during these 3 weeks what's to wear an extremely comfortable pair of IEM's. I love them so much I didn't want to try another pair, as I've always done when my IEM's die. I'm in love with these tiny little diamonds, seriously :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,607 of 6,090
Cool thanks.

Yeah my OnePlus Icons should be arriving today.

I'm gonna hold off on hunting the puros down for now. One of my mates received the Icons and he said they sound and look amazing! Then again he's not much of an audiophile.

Latest ones I'm on now are the iValux Bette 10mm. Twin recommended them so I received them Sunday. Only $45 on Amazon. Worth it. So if the One Plus don't work out look into these

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #5,608 of 6,090
Latest ones I'm on now are the iValux Bette 10mm. Twin recommended them so I received them Sunday. Only $45 on Amazon. Worth it. So if the One Plus don't work out look into these

Okay will do, however I cannot order from America.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #5,610 of 6,090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back