Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 28, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #5,566 of 6,090
I noticed that they give you some vents which are supposed alter the sound for rock, jazz, RnB...

Is it really functioning like they say ?

cool.gif
NO Arthasss. That is the SUPER TITTA. Reportedly not very good.

This is the Titta we are referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carot-One-TITTA-Audiophile-High-Performance-Earphone-Brand-New-/390917780532?hash=item5b0483f434:g:9OwAAOSwGvhT-1gM

also Here:

http://www.amazon.com/Carot-Canal-Type-Earphone-Titta/dp/B00CWSM088/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451311053&sr=1-1&keywords=carot+one+titta

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #5,567 of 6,090
A, so the cheaper one is the one you are talking about

So these would have less bass and perhaps more treble extension than tenores?

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #5,568 of 6,090
Wouldn't the Duoza or the LZ-A2 be an upgrade with a similar sound sig as the Tenore?  I've never tried the Duoza, but the sound sig of the LZ-A2 is close to the Tenore, though not exact.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #5,570 of 6,090
  Wouldn't the Duoza or the LZ-A2 be an upgrade with a similar sound sig as the Tenore?  I've never tried the Duoza, but the sound sig of the LZ-A2 is close to the Tenore, though not exact.

Grayson73 do you have KZ whirlwind tips? :) 

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #5,571 of 6,090
A, so the cheaper one is the one you are talking about

So these would have less bass and perhaps more treble extension than tenores?

cool.gif
Totally Balanced and TACK SHARP Detail and Clarity across the Board. So in effect, you would probably hear them as you described when comparing them to the Tenores. These are like an Ultra Audiophile EQ, I think (I'm guessing here) really designed for Studio mastering type work. 

Regardless they are VERY good at what they do. Pay no attention to the color scheme.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,572 of 6,090

cool.gif
Totally Balanced and TACK SHARP Detail and Clarity across the Board. So in effect, you would probably hear them as you described when comparing them to the Tenores. These are like an Ultra Audiophile EQ, I think (I'm guessing here) really designed for Studio mastering type work. 

Regardless they are VERY good at what they do. Pay no attention to the color scheme.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Do they isolate well , I plan to only use them outside.

Btw do you have any idea about good earphones with android remote in up to 60 - 70 $ 

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #5,573 of 6,090
Do they isolate well , I plan to only use them outside.

Btw do you have any idea about good earphones with android remote in up to 60 - 70 $ 

:grinning: Isolation is about average. I usually try and order earphones withoot mics or controls as I have zero use for them. So I know nothing about them. I tend to use better sources than phones.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #5,574 of 6,090
:grinning: Isolation is about average. I usually try and order earphones withoot mics or controls as I have zero use for them. So I know nothing about them. I tend to use better sources than phones.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN
I only use earphones outside so I could use mice and remote.Anyway I'll decide between these and tenores, probably tenores because they seem to be isolating better,more comfortable, and are cheaper

Tnx for answers

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #5,575 of 6,090
I only use earphones outside so I could use mice and remote.Anyway I'll decide between these and tenores, probably tenores because they seem to be isolating better,more comfortable, and are cheaper

Tnx for answers

:grinning: You will probably be happier with the Tenores as a daily listener. The Tittas are really better for critical listening.

:grinning::innocent: TWIN

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #5,576 of 6,090
:cool: Trust me on this, I have both. Leggy somehow, someway, you either do not have the correct fit on the Puros, or maybe not enough power. There is no comparison in sounds.

JMO on this comparison.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Tips wise, I have the spiral dot which I have great fit, the large white tips from re-400 which I also like, spin fit but the large doesn't look it's giving me good fit/isolation plus the tenore's and puro's tips. Currently I am using India's largest tip but feel the fit is not perfect. The spiral dot with great fit made the sound a little bit boomier but I may try it again. I have large ear canal and can't find a recommendation for x large tips with good reviews.
As for powering the puro, I am using Samsung galaxy edge+ and for some songs it needs more power and therefore I ordered Teac's ha-p50-b and will decide accordingly.
I believe what you say about puro's capability but I am not hearing what you are describing for several reasons, tips, not enough power, also my hearing is not perfect, have little bit difficulty in hearing, and that could be the main reason.

Thanks for the notes

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #5,577 of 6,090
Another one to consider besides the Tenores is the First Harmonic ieb6, it has a mic and button that works with Android. Press once for play/pause and double click to skip to next track. It's a little brighter than the Tenores and a little more low end but still very very good and only $40 on Amazon with Prime too. I gave them to my gf bc of the brightness issue but listening to them again right now and either they have tamed themselves with her mild listening or my E07K now on 6db gain they are much better. They even more tiny than the Tenores.

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #5,578 of 6,090
Dec 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #5,579 of 6,090
Another one to consider besides the Tenores is the First Harmonic ieb6, it has a mic and button that works with Android. Press once for play/pause and double click to skip to next track. It's a little brighter than the Tenores and a little more low end but still very very good and only $40 on Amazon with Prime too. I gave them to my gf bc of the brightness issue but listening to them again right now and either they have tamed themselves with her mild listening or my E07K now on 6db gain they are much better. They even more tiny than the Tenores.

Thank you Lurk. I wanted to order then a while ago then I read somewhere that tenore sounded better so removed them. Will order them soon.
Been eyeing the LZ A2 as well but some comments are stating they are on the dark side and that is putting me off.
Going back and forth between the tenore and the puro. Each excel differently depending on the original sound mix. Hard choice:disappointed_relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back