Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Sep 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #4,246 of 6,090
After using them for 6 weeks, no TTS yet, my best tips are Sony Hybrid clones from Vsonic because I can choose between 7 size, Meelec DF are not bad either. I need a normal insertion, deeper I have reverb and crappy bass and shallower I loose the sub-bass.

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #4,248 of 6,090
Crap. I've had a lot of earphones and never had this happen once.

Lol, welcome to the club, both sides of the pair i use are like this and the same has happened below the y split. It seems they couldn't be bothered with tying a knot with the cable on the inside of the shell. This is what i'd call an immaculate manufacturing process, no wonder they have so low failure rates in Japan.

Recabling these is a must, as is replacing the foam on the back of the diaphragm. Or we could skip all that and get a pair of Rockets instead 
wink.gif
. I will probably do both 
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #4,249 of 6,090

Crap. I've had a lot of earphones and never had this happen once.

Lol, welcome to the club, both sides of the pair i use are like this and the same has happened below the y split. It seems they couldn't be bothered with tying a knot with the cable on the inside of the shell. This is what i'd call an immaculate manufacturing process, no wonder they have so low failure rates in Japan.

Recabling these is a must, as is replacing the foam on the back of the diaphragm. Or we could skip all that and get a pair of Rockets instead 
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Exactly!!! That's what al the decent over ear headphones do. All my sonys have been like that. Not rocket science. Well at least now a re-cable is in order. Otherwise it's going to be junk. At least I have three backup pairs :wink:

I've been mixing more music lately, and no other earphone has enough frequency accuracy for the task. Despite the more slow sound, the frequency balance is ideal for mixing audio sessions. Just the normal hanging of the wire has pulled it loose. I'm extremely gentle with this pair. I've never slept with it or pulled it or anything...

Rockets are on my top list of things to try and buy. :p

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #4,250 of 6,090

wink.gif
tongue.gif

Exactly!!! That's what al the decent over ear headphones do. All my sonys have been like that. Not rocket science. Well at least now a re-cable is in order. Otherwise it's going to be junk. At least I have three backup pairs :wink:

From what I could tell when opening my pair, the cable is actually fixed on the inside. But its rubber sheath ends at the strain relief, and that's what tends to come off. As long as you don't put undue strain on the cable itself, you should be fine with simply gluing the sheath back on.

The cables themselves seem quite durable to me, I opened and closed my pair at least two dozen times and tugged on them accidentally, but they're still going strong.

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #4,251 of 6,090

wink.gif
tongue.gif

From what I could tell when opening my pair, the cable is actually fixed on the inside. But its rubber sheath ends at the strain relief, and that's what tends to come off. As long as you don't put undue strain on the cable itself, you should be fine with simply gluing the sheath back on.

The cables themselves seem quite durable to me, I opened and closed my pair at least two dozen times and tugged on them accidentally, but they're still going strong.

I had already applied superglue before it came out like that.. :p

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #4,253 of 6,090

I had already applied superglue before it came out like that.. :p

Well, you can go cheap on IEMs, but not on superglue. :p

haha. i thought loctite was good superglue, but so far i've had two things fail with it that weren't high stress applications. so i'm starting to wonder... what is the best?

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #4,254 of 6,090

haha. i thought loctite was good superglue, but so far i've had two things fail with it that weren't high stress applications. so i'm starting to wonder... what is the best?

Idk, I too used loctite and so far my cable hasn't come off again. Looking at your pic, it doesn't seem like there's any glue residue on the sheath, actually. Hard to tell though.

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #4,255 of 6,090

Idk, I too used loctite and so far my cable hasn't come off again. Looking at your pic, it doesn't seem like there's any glue residue on the sheath, actually. Hard to tell though.

Bad photo, but all the white stuff is glue residue...

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #4,258 of 6,090
  I wonder if I received a defective Basso.  It has no midrange.  Great bass, screaming hot treble with sibilance in the vocals.  It is truly awful.

Sounds defective.  I had no sibilance with my Basso.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,259 of 6,090
I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but this really called my attention.

I'm looking for a IEM with nice bass, mid range, instrument separation and sound isolation. That's why the tenore and basso called my attention.

It seems the basso would suit me well, there are a few reviews here that said it to have a good soundstage and instrument separation, but on the first page d marc0 says:

" These phones are not for those who focus on a particular component in a song: may it be guitars, drums, or vocals; this IEM is for those who listen to a song as a whole and have fun with the entire presentation."

So that put down my expectations.

So does it have a nice instrument separation or not?

I really appreciate the possibility to identify different instruments and vocals on a track.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #4,260 of 6,090
i think tenore has better instrument separation, bassos put too much emphasis on lower end for me. tenore sounds more balance and amazing realism. I just love and enjoy the overall sound produced by tenore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back