Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Sep 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #4,276 of 6,090
Hello fellow GAFfer... Haven't heard the Basso, but I'd imagine that the Tenore and Basso would complement one another. If the Basso is that... Er... Bassy then the sigs wouldn't overlap

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #4,277 of 6,090
I want to believe that the Bassos are not as bad as people make them to be. Maybe I will get them in addition to my Tenore.

It seems I got one of those basslight Tenore with extended Treble, first I didn't like it, but I am used to them now and they sound pretty good. The soundsig is definitely flat, but still lively in a way.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #4,278 of 6,090
Hello fellow GAFfer... Haven't heard the Basso, but I'd imagine that the Tenore and Basso would complement one another. If the Basso is that... Er... Bassy then the sigs wouldn't overlap

You found me! Who else knows I'm here?? lol

I usually don't like bass on IEMs since you often lose the mids, at least on cheaper phones like these, but the bass on these stays way out of the way.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #4,279 of 6,090
I want to believe that the Bassos are not as bad as people make them to be. Maybe I will get them in addition to my Tenore.

It seems I got one of those basslight Tenore with extended Treble, first I didn't like it, but I am used to them now and they sound pretty good. The soundsig is definitely flat, but still lively in a way.

Try a super deep fit with a narrow bore tip. It will add quite a bit of bass.

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #4,281 of 6,090
I'm going to have to tame some of this bass with EQ. Any advice on around what Hz I should start dropping it?

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #4,283 of 6,090
What about Doppios? Almost no reviews. Are tese worth extra money compared to Tenore?

They have a balanced armature speaker. I tried them out when I was comparing the Tenore and the Basso, but I wasn't a fan. Tenore seems to be the way to go if you get a good one.

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #4,285 of 6,090
I've had mine for just over a week, no issues.
I got them from amazon via KANTADO JAPAN. they were stocked in the US came out of Memphis TN

I put mono-filament on the post to make them easier to remove. When they are inserted, for me, they were very hard to remove without using the cord. I thought about gluing a post on the end and decided to try floss. It worked pretty well not really "pretty". The fishing line I used is clear, almost invisible and stays in generally the same place.

I wouldn't expect to see a problem after a week and from what I'd read moisture was a suspect but an intermittent connection could possibly be when the cables get rough treatment. Seriously difficult to take out using only the housing.

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #4,286 of 6,090
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum/site and could use the opinion of experts and pros like you.

I'm looking for some in ear headphones and after hours of looking online (so many products and reviews to go through) I stumbled upon the Zero Audio Tenore and Basso. I currently have the Audio Technica's ATH-M50 which are great and all but truthfully I don't like carrying them around with me (mostly due to bulk/size/weight and the fact I'm in NYC and every hipster is apparently now an audiophile and must have their Sony's or retro looking headphones from the salvation army). Well enough ranting lol. What I'm looking for is something around the $100 dollar range I could use mostly to listen to music but with the option of using them while jamming on my bass. I have a wide range of styles I listen and play to (from funky slaps such as RHCP to some Marvin Gaye to techno/euro trance). One REALLY important factor is the shape. I've tried many in-ear headphones and the only shape that fits like a glove is something like this: Denon AH-C360 which I can even sleep with but of course the sound isn't exactly something to talk about. They won't be used to sleep with however, I just wanted to point out the shape (as there's tons of shapes out there in particular the ones with the cable going around the ear or like the Bose IE2 which give me a massive earache).

With this in mind, any recommendations between the Tenore and Basso? From what I've read so far it seems the majority is set on the Tenore however, the volume issue and cable housing pic got me worried. They seem to be going for around $50 dollars at the moment. Are the JVC FX3X any better? Any other options around the $100 price mark (I mean it could be $110 or so, just somewhere near that price).

Thank you so much guys, truly appreciate any help as whatever you guys tell me I'm buying right away (will let you know my review once I get them).

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #4,287 of 6,090
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum/site and could use the opinion of experts and pros like you.

I'm looking for some in ear headphones and after hours of looking online (so many products and reviews to go through) I stumbled upon the Zero Audio Tenore and Basso. I currently have the Audio Technica's ATH-M50 which are great and all but truthfully I don't like carrying them around with me (mostly due to bulk/size/weight and the fact I'm in NYC and every hipster is apparently now an audiophile and must have their Sony's or retro looking headphones from the salvation army). Well enough ranting lol. What I'm looking for is something around the $100 dollar range I could use mostly to listen to music but with the option of using them while jamming on my bass. I have a wide range of styles I listen and play to (from funky slaps such as RHCP to some Marvin Gaye to techno/euro trance). One REALLY important factor is the shape. I've tried many in-ear headphones and the only shape that fits like a glove is something like this: Denon AH-C360 which I can even sleep with but of course the sound isn't exactly something to talk about. They won't be used to sleep with however, I just wanted to point out the shape (as there's tons of shapes out there in particular the ones with the cable going around the ear or like the Bose IE2 which give me a massive earache).

With this in mind, any recommendations between the Tenore and Basso? From what I've read so far it seems the majority is set on the Tenore however, the volume issue and cable housing pic got me worried. They seem to be going for around $50 dollars at the moment. Are the JVC FX3X any better? Any other options around the $100 price mark (I mean it could be $110 or so, just somewhere near that price).

Thank you so much guys, truly appreciate any help as whatever you guys tell me I'm buying right away (will let you know my review once I get them).

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #4,288 of 6,090
StylesTW  I have had both the Tenores and the Basso's.  I would make a 3rd suggestion the Vsonic VSD3.  Both Tenores and Basso's wound up with bad drivers.  I Know I am in the "appreciation thread" but, I think the Vsonics sound a lot better.  One thing I did not like about the other 2 is the wire into each IEM is right where you push them into your ear.  Think that could be a problem down the road.  The Vsonics sound better than the zero audio ones and,  Hold up very well to amplification.  They are under $50.00.  Best $50.00 I ever spent.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #4,289 of 6,090
  StylesTW  I have had both the Tenores and the Basso's.  I would make a 3rd suggestion the Vsonic VSD3.  Both Tenores and Basso's wound up with bad drivers.  I Know I am in the "appreciation thread" but, I think the Vsonics sound a lot better.  One thing I did not like about the other 2 is the wire into each IEM is right where you push them into your ear.  Think that could be a problem down the road.  The Vsonics sound better than the zero audio ones and,  Hold up very well to amplification.  They are under $50.00.  Best $50.00 I ever spent.

Hi Eric,
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I looked up the VSONIC VSD3 (I had previously looked at the GR07 which have a great following and review) but similarly it has the cable over the ear design (not sure if there's a name for this style of earphone). In general this type of design bothers me behind the ear and puts pressure spots inside my ear. However, I'm all ears (no pun intended lol) if you got any other recommendations.

Being you mentioned this is the appreciation thread, is there any other part of this site I could put up my question and get more viability?

Thanks. 

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #4,290 of 6,090
I spent dozens of hours (literally) going through a lot of the reviews.  This site is an amazing resource to me.  Different people have different tastes.  I am not a bass head for instance but, I like a lot of bass.   A lot of people prefer flat of neutral sounds with bright mids and highs.  It depends on your listening preference.  I personally did not like the behind the ear type of IEM's at first.  Now, I love them as it keeps them in place and is not uncomfortable at all.  The Vsonics are behind the ear type while the zero audio ones are not.
I don't know where it is but, there is a whole list of earphones reviewed in here in a single thread.  I Go back to that thread probably 3-4 times a month after reading it in its entirety.  Another option at $100.00 are the Shure 215's.  One thing about them is, they really really block outside noise.  Would not want to be walking or in traffic wearing them. 
A lot of people look in the Welcome and or hello forum.  I know I had answers in there within 2 minutes.  This is a great community with a lot of really smart people in it.  Sadly I am not one of them :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back