Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Jan 24, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #245 of 854
These one is a good upgrade from ttppod t1e?
Thanks

Definitely! I own ZA Tenores and T1E. SQ on tenores is certainly better compared to T1E. While Duoza, as people here said is the best ZA IEM, is a level above. Simply said, duoza would be a very good upgrade over T1E.

T1E has plenty of bass but even tenores extend much deeper in sub bass territory. Also mids are kinda recessed on T1E, which are not a problem of ZA iems.

Just my opinion, please seek senior's thought as well if you want to have clearer idea.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #247 of 854
Does anyone know which tips are compatible with the Zero Audio DuoZA? I heared that the JVC spiral dot tips are great, but what about some ComplyFoam tips? Maybe the 400 series are compatible since I've seen the copatibility charts and my current SM E10M are in the 400 series and the tips look quite similar to the DuoZA and also to the Fidue A83.
Thanks!

PD: I've been looking for months to find a pair of IEMs that will replace my E10M because one of the drivers broke because these IEMs made a vacuuum in my ear canal and when I removed them the membrane broke, now they make a terrible vibration, but the ZA DuoZA's will be my next IEMs!!! :D

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #248 of 854
Definitely! I own ZA Tenores and T1E. SQ on tenores is certainly better compared to T1E. While Duoza, as people here said is the best ZA IEM, is a level above. Simply said, duoza would be a very good upgrade over T1E.

T1E has plenty of bass but even tenores extend much deeper in sub bass territory. Also mids are kinda recessed on T1E, which are not a problem of ZA iems.

Just my opinion, please seek senior's thought as well if you want to have clearer idea.

So do the ZA bassos have greater sub bass quantity than the tenores?
And then do the duozas have even more sub bass than the bassos?

Yes I do like my sub bass lol! More so than mid bass. I had the T1E also and found the sub bass to be lacking but it was tight and detailed

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #249 of 854
So do the ZA bassos have greater sub bass quantity than the tenores?
And then do the duozas have even more sub bass than the bassos?

Yes I do like my sub bass lol! More so than mid bass. I had the T1E also and found the sub bass to be lacking but it was tight and detailed

I haven't personally used bassos but yes, they do have more sub bass than Tenores as people here say. Duoza bass quantity is right in mid of bassos and tenores. Additionally it is even more detailed.

Of course you should ask people who own duoza for more details. Name like @voicemaster comes to mind. He owns tenores, bassos, doppio and duoza.

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #251 of 854
Is ZA Duoza's bass quality better than the T1e's ?

Would like to know this. Please if someone has both T1E and DuoZa then some thought would be appreciated.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #253 of 854
The quantity of bass on the duoza is a combination between basso and doppio. It has the thump, punch and rumble of the basso; it has the tightness and details just like the doppio. For me, the basso's bass can be too much sometimes and the doppio's bass can be too light for EDM kind of song, but the duoza handle bass for all genre, the bass never too much, never too little, just perfect. Even my fx850, which has very nice bass, can be too much sometimes. That's why I said the duoza can do whatever kind of bass depending on the song. When you play jazz song with its tight and punchy kick drum sound, it will play it tight and punchy without adding anything, same thing with EDM, when it drops, it will shake your ear drum with great impact and body. If you have doppio, basso and tenore, you will feel the same thing as I do about the duoza, the best combination from all other ZA iems.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #254 of 854
Comparison between eph-100 and duiza:
- duoza sounds more solid all around.
- eph-100 sounds thin and dry compared to duoza.
- duoza is more balance sounding, while eph-100 is more treble emphasize.
- eph-100 soundstage is more side by side, it has good side to side movement, but front and back is lacking imho.
- duoza's soundstage is like you are sitting in the 1sr or 2nd row in a concert. It is similar to fx850.
- duoza has better detail, impact and body on bass.

The eph-100 is good iem, but Duoza is more all rounder. Both has totally different sound signature. For me, since I listen to almost anything, the duoza is the better iem for me.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #255 of 854
  Is ZA Duoza's bass quality better than the T1e's ?

T1E's bass goes really low, you can feel it more than hear it. Midbass hump is narrower than the DuoZa, meaning slightly more balance and evenness. It is less than the Bassos(which will please those who don't want a total basshead phone(which I understand, but I'm a basshead, lol). I like the texture better on the DuoZa as the T1E's isn't as cohesive in this area- kickdrums thump nicely, tho. DuoZa stage is more forward(which brings out more detail in the midrange but is less spacious than the T1E. I like the DuoZa more for Trance than the T1E since instruments and voices sound closer together but remain uncongested- I find this preferable. T1E stage is very tall and deep in comparison. I'd say bass is nice on both in different ways; I think what it comes down to is if a larger stage is preferred then the T1E is the phone for you. DuoZa doesn't extend as far so it isn't as airy- however, more or less intimacy is a subjective preference which would determine what you pick, imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back