Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #256 of 860

T1E's bass goes really low, you can feel it more than hear it. Midbass hump is narrower than the DuoZa, meaning slightly more balance and evenness. It is less than the Bassos(which will please those who don't want a total basshead phone(which I understand, but I'm a basshead, lol). I like the texture better on the DuoZa as the T1E's isn't as cohesive in this area- kickdrums thump nicely, tho. DuoZa stage is more forward(which brings out more detail in the midrange but is less spacious than the T1E. I like the ZuoZa more for Trance than the T1E since instruments and voices sound closer together but remain uncongested- I find this preferable. T1E stage is very tall and deep in comparison. I'd say bass is nice on both in different ways; I think what it comes down to is if a larger stage is preferred then the T1E is the phone for you. DuoZa doesn't extend as far so it isn't as airy- however, more or less intimacy is a subjective preference which would determine what you pick, imo. 

Thanks for the nice comparison.I agree with your description of the T1e's.....the soundstage is infact tall and deep.I guess i'll wait for the release of Havi B6 before deciding on my next upgrade.Atm
T1e satisfy me for electronic/edm music.I just love the texture and thump of bass. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #259 of 860
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #261 of 860
Economy shipping will take weeks....
biggrin.gif
. Anyways, I doubt these will rival FX750-850. Considering the price is very close to 750 and appears more bulky, I can see Fx750 a winner.

I've had the FX850 and the Tenore and if the DUOZA is anything like the Tenore I'd say both are "winners". The FX850 and the Tenore don't have very similar sound signatures and many things that differ them. Personally I preferred the Tenore and sold my FX850, but I can definitely understand those who prefer the FX850, even though it was not for me. Both are winners in their own ways and very good value for the money.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #262 of 860
Comparison between eph-100 and duiza:
- duoza sounds more solid all around.
- eph-100 sounds thin and dry compared to duoza.
- duoza is more balance sounding, while eph-100 is more treble emphasize.
- eph-100 soundstage is more side by side, it has good side to side movement, but front and back is lacking imho.
- duoza's soundstage is like you are sitting in the 1sr or 2nd row in a concert. It is similar to fx850.
- duoza has better detail, impact and body on bass.

The eph-100 is good iem, but Duoza is more all rounder. Both has totally different sound signature. For me, since I listen to almost anything, the duoza is the better iem for me.

I've had the the EPH-100 but sold it as I didn't agree with its treble which I found recessed and dull (always EQed several dB +), so this info could possibly be a step away from the DUOZA in my decision process (unless my EPH-100 was faulty). Are you positively sure about this? Can you elaborate? (I believe you also described the FX850 as forward sounding whereas I found it slightly V-shaped so maybe the explanation is we have different hearing!?)

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #263 of 860
I've had the the EPH-100 but sold it as I didn't agree with its treble which I found recessed and dull (always EQed several dB +), so this info could possibly be a step away from the DUOZA in my decision process (unless my EPH-100 was faulty). Are you positively sure about this? Can you elaborate? (I believe you also described the FX850 as forward sounding whereas I found it slightly V-shaped so maybe the explanation is we have different hearing!?)

To my ears, the eph-100 sounds thin and dry. I even let my friend who likes iem to listen to it and agree that it is sound thinner than the duoza and fx850. The best comparison for eph-100 will be with the doppio. For me a v-shaped sound is what an eph-100 sound like. It has more in the high mid around 5khz to 8khz and also bass in around 60hz to 120hz While the vocal range in 2khz is a bit recessed.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #264 of 860
To my ears, the eph-100 sounds thin and dry. I even let my friend who likes iem to listen to it and agree that it is sound thinner than the duoza and fx850. The best comparison for eph-100 will be with the doppio. For me a v-shaped sound is what an eph-100 sound like. It has more in the high mid around 5khz to 8khz and also bass in around 60hz to 120hz While the vocal range in 2khz is a bit recessed.

Many fakes were produced after the sale success and popularity of EPH100. And it is very very difficult to tell them apart (v.good quality knock offs). Did you buy it from an authorised or reputable seller?

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #265 of 860
- eph-100 soundstage is more side by side, it has good side to side movement, but front and back is lacking imho.

Lots of great info. Just one thing left to clear up on Duoza.

I believe it's this side movement of the eph100 that gives it's notorious 3D like stereo sound that lends so well Trance genre.

Do you feel the Duoza can deliver the same level of side to side movement to create the 3D stereo affect of eph100.

Hoping you can do a comparison with Trance genre in particular.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #266 of 860
Lots of great info. Just one thing left to clear up on Duoza.

I believe it's this side movement of the eph100 that gives it's notorious 3D like stereo sound that lends so well Trance genre.

Do you feel the Duoza can deliver the same level of side to side movement to create the 3D stereo affect of eph100.

Hoping you can do a comparison with Trance genre in particular.

Hmm, don't have the Yamaha. I do have the HA-FX850 (awesome for Trance) and have the Duoza incoming from Japan in hopefully a weeks time together with a Carbo Basso.

I will report how it sounds with Trance :wink:

Cheers,
K

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #267 of 860

Hmm, don't have the Yamaha. I do have the HA-FX850 (awesome for Trance) and have the Duoza incoming from Japan in hopefully a weeks time together with a Carbo Basso.

I will report how it sounds with Trance :wink:

Cheers,
K

Mine have been hung up in LA for a few days....I hope this week mine come. Keeping an open mind compared to my FX-850

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #268 of 860
Many fakes were produced after the sale success and popularity of EPH100. And it is very very difficult to tell them apart (v.good quality knock offs). Did you buy it from an authorised or reputable seller?

Bought it directly from amazon.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #269 of 860

Thanks, I believe we probably hear things differently or maybe you have fake EPH-100!? I believe a majority of phones will sound thinner than the FX850 (which I've also had) but I don't remember the EPH-100 as thin sounding. Dry sounding maybe, but not thin.

I normally don't care much for FR graphs, but had a look at Golden Ears FR graph for the EPH-100 and if I don't misread it completely it seems to confirm the EPH-100's treble is recessed or at least not prominent. It also seems to contradict your statement about the EPH-100 being V-shaped. You probably have a fake EPH-100 or - as I said - we simply hear things differently.

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #270 of 860
Thanks, I believe we probably hear things differently or maybe you have fake EPH-100!? I believe a majority of phones will sound thinner than the FX850 (which I've also had) but I don't remember the EPH-100 as thin sounding. Dry sounding maybe, but not thin.

I normally don't care much for FR graphs, but had a look at Golden Ears FR graph for the EPH-100 and if I don't misread it completely it seems to confirm the EPH-100's treble is recessed or at least not prominent. It also seems to contradict your statement about the EPH-100 being V-shaped. You probably have a fake EPH-100 or - as I said - we simply hear things differently.

Is that graph not V shaped enough for you? When you recessed the mid so much even a tiny spike on 8khz or other frequncy will be very noticeable and that is exactly what I feel when I hear the eph-100. When I said thin is more like there is a hole or gap in the frequencies that is missing, also due to their soundstage that is very side to side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back