Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Jan 22, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #212 of 854
Very tempting and throughout reviews. I feel like you are babying the review more than T2 lol....and no Im70 comparison ?

T2 is a miss (my personal opinion).  Don't have IM70, only IM50 which supposed to be not too far away from 70, though I never make a judgment based on other impressions, so can't comment for sure about comparison to IM70.  I'm a bit of AT fanboy, but ZA really stepped up to the plate with DuoZA.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #215 of 854
twister6
encoreAC

Are you able to comment on suitability of Duoza for Trance Genre.

I'm After eph100 replacement which has great 3D sound and separation that makes trance sound outstandingly immersive.

For me Tenore are great for everything but not Trance and I don't want to buy more of the same.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #216 of 854
@twister6
@encoreAC

I'm After eph100 replacement which has great 3D sound and separation that makes trance sound outstandingly immersive.

For me Tenore are great for everything but not Trance and I don't want to buy more of the same.

Why are you trying to replace your eph100? you seem very satisfied with them.

I never heard the eph100, but I can imagine that the FX850 might be a better phone for you. It has the a superb sound-stage and more treble and bass, which results in a more powerful presentation and more likely suited for trance.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #217 of 854
@twister6
@encoreAC

+1

Though using comply foam Trance is sounding much better than it did using other tips. Though I'd agree that more bass wouldn't hurt.
I dig trance so much.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #218 of 854
Eph100 broke so i have choice of buying another pair whilst they are still available or get a new comer that can possible surpass it.

I think my only real complaint with eph100 is lack of texture detail in the lows and real rumble sensation. Defo not very great with hiphop such as Drake.

Aren't the fx850 on the huge side like fx800 with shallow fit. Likely to fall out and not isolate well.
I would like to be able to wear the phones out and about inc. jogging.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #219 of 854
Eph100 broke so i have choice of buying another pair whilst they are still available or get a new comer that can possible surpass it.

I think my only real complaint with eph100 is lack of texture detail in the lows and real rumble sensation. Defo not very great with hiphop such as Drake.

Aren't the fx850 on the huge side like fx800 with shallow fit. Likely to fall out and not isolate well.
I would like to be able to wear the phones out and about inc. jogging.

Yes the FX850 are huge, but so are the Duoza. Both have this rather shallow fit. I don't know if the Duoza are suitable for Jogging

Problem of the ZA audio-sig is that they may lack some edge and power for Trance.

You may also consider the FX750, which have a tad smaller housing with the FX850 soundsig.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #220 of 854
@twister6
@encoreAC

I'm EDM-head, you get my 100% approval for trance :)  If you can afford more expensive FX850 or CKR10 or CKR9LTD, they will have a bit more refinement, but on a budget in the same category it will be hard to beat DuoZA.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #221 of 854
How are the Duoza compared to the KEF M200s? I like my M200s, but it takes forever for me to get the right fit so I can't be bothered using them most of the time anymore. I just settle with the Ttpod T1e for most of my iem usage instead.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #222 of 854
How are the Duoza compared to the KEF M200s? I like my M200s, but it takes forever for me to get the right fit so I can't be bothered using them most of the time anymore. I just settle with the Ttpod T1e for most of my iem usage instead.

I would like to know that too.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #223 of 854

I'm EDM-head, you get my 100% approval for trance :)  If you can afford more expensive FX850 or CKR10 or CKR9LTD, they will have a bit more refinement, but on a budget in the same category it will be hard to beat DuoZA.

Is the refinement factor small? 
Just a small question (and fun fact). One of my colleague owns Shure SE535LTD and since it's costly, he pretty much brags about it. Once I requested a demo but the dude declined lol... 

I'll be getting DuoZa soon (probably in March/April). Can I claim that these sound better than 535? Sorry for kinda silly question but you might advise on what to do.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #224 of 854

Thanks for advice.
I'm particularly interested in how well the phones separate the left and right channels to provide a strong definite 3D image.
I want to be able to clearly distinguish between music beats that alternate between the left and right channel at speeds.

How do Duoza/crk10/crk9ltd compate in this particular area. Which do you feel has 3D stereo sound ?

@EncoreAC I will possibly consider the fx750 but I'm not good with strong highs and prefer smooth but sparkly. CRK sounds interesting in the area of bass.

But whatever I get I need to know that it can match the eph100 in 3D and better in bass texture.

voicemaster has Duoza and eph100 at hand. I Hope he will be able to supply a fairly detailed comparison soon.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #225 of 854
  Is the refinement factor small? 
Just a small question (and fun fact). One of my colleague owns Shure SE535LTD and since it's costly, he pretty much brags about it. Once I requested a demo but the dude declined lol... 

I'll be getting DuoZa soon (probably in March/April). Can I claim that these sound better than 535? Sorry for kinda silly question but you might advise on what to do.

Claim it and then you might get to hear his too. Its not that good, 535 is good but not in the league of er-4p/s. Its in the league of re-400 and R3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back