Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Jan 16, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #166 of 854
Now, you also have to take into account that everyone who has heard the Duoza (or any earphone for that matter) has a sound preference. So a certain sound preference will make a $100 earphone sound better to your ears than a $500 earphone that doesn't have that preferred sound preference. That doesn't make the earphone technically more superior than the expensive one. For example, the EX1000 is technically quite more superior than the Duoza, but I would choose the Duoza over it every time because it fits my sound preference. So again, the hype for the Duoza is real. It outperforms it's $100 or less price tag. I think comparing it to the big boys is sometimes misleading and does a disservice to some of you. I've been guilty of this from time to time, but try not to do it. Again, I didn't say anyone on this thread is wrong, but for me the Duoza doesn't outshine the FX850, but it's still one hell of an earphone. I think most of you owe it to yourself to hear it. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #167 of 854
What is this DUOZA thing?? First I'm hearing of it
blink.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #169 of 854
It's the new dual dynamic driver in-ear by Zero Audio, which became popular since the Tenore/Bassos release.

They are known for their smooth and effortless treble and overall perfectly balanced and clear soundsig with exceptional sound-stage.

You should be a sale rep :wink:

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #171 of 854
  Now, you also have to take into account that everyone who has heard the Duoza (or any earphone for that matter) has a sound preference. So a certain sound preference will make a $100 earphone sound better to your ears than a $500 earphone that doesn't have that preferred sound preference. That doesn't make the earphone technically more superior than the expensive one. For example, the EX1000 is technically quite more superior than the Duoza, but I would choose the Duoza over it every time because it fits my sound preference. So again, the hype for the Duoza is real. It outperforms it's $100 or less price tag. I think comparing it to the big boys is sometimes misleading and does a disservice to some of you. I've been guilty of this from time to time, but try not to do it. Again, I didn't say anyone on this thread is wrong, but for me the Duoza doesn't outshine the FX850, but it's still one hell of an earphone. I think most of you owe it to yourself to hear it. 

I have made this point several times on many threads for each of the iem's and hp's I have owned. It is about a sound signature that you hear and have an aha moment. FX850 provided that for me, FidueA83 another. I hope when the Douza arrives it will be that way. While it is fair to say "for you" it is a better iem because you had that aha moment. If you look at my profile it is full of similarly priced iem's, so I have really been around the 300.00-500.00 realm. I truly hope I have that aha moment with something 100.00. I think it is noteworthy that the only one I regret selling was the Earsonic SM64. The last 2 I have tried at this price point(Douza) were the Rock-It-Sounds R50 and the Shure SE 215(which I still have for gym iem).

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #172 of 854
I have made this point several times on many threads for each of the iem's and hp's I have owned. It is about a sound signature that you hear and have an aha moment. FX850 provided that for me, FidueA83 another. I hope when the Douza arrives it will be that way. While it is fair to say "for you" it is a better iem because you had that aha moment. If you look at my profile it is full of similarly priced iem's, so I have really been around the 300.00-500.00 realm. I truly hope I have that aha moment with something 100.00. I think it is noteworthy that the only one I regret selling was the Earsonic SM64. The last 2 I have tried at this price point(Douza) were the Rock-It-Sounds R50 and the Shure SE 215(which I still have for gym iem).

So far I hear a couple with IEM in your range, do really enjoy the Duoza. If you are another one, I will drop my money again lol....been on a headphone frenzy this first few months of 2015 :D

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #175 of 854

Never said the DuoZa outshine FX850 nor the other way around. There are some aspect that the DuoZa does better than the FX850 and it is imaging imho. Doesn't mean FX850 has bad imaging, no. It just the DuoZa does it better to my ear. It might be different to you. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #176 of 854
I currently have NO interest in the Duoza. However, when (if) it becomes available on Amazon US, I'll be VERY interested.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #177 of 854
Shaking my head at jant71. lol

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #178 of 854
Yeah I didn`t mean for this to be a `Duoza VS FX850` thread; I just compared the two because I had my 850 with me at the time.  The Duoza sounds so radically different from the 850, and the CKR9, that it would never be an either-or situation anyway.  Like I said earlier, the Duoza is so smooth and lush it can make lower-spec gear or compressed tracks sound musical, like Youtube out of a smartphone maybe, and for this reason, at its price, makes it worth having.  

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #179 of 854
Jan 17, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #180 of 854
  Yeah I didn`t mean for this to be a `Duoza VS FX850` thread; I just compared the two because I had my 850 with me at the time.  The Duoza sounds so radically different from the 850, and the CKR9, that it would never be an either-or situation anyway.  Like I said earlier, the Duoza is so smooth and lush it can make lower-spec gear or compressed tracks sound musical, like Youtube out of a smartphone maybe, and for this reason, at its price, makes it worth having.  

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back