ZEN by DUNU: our first model designed around next-generation driver platform ECLIPSƎ
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,141 of 1,326
I said I wasn't going to buy another IEM till at least June - then DUNU throw not one, but two curve balls at me:

EST 112 imminent and a great reduction on the DK-3001 Pro, the IEM that first grabbed my attention from DUNU and led me to the ZEN and then SA6!

In the same week where my wife looked at me in horror when I said a recent micro-SD purchase cost €200...
Take your time :) all to too easy to get on the "merry go round" here and can be difficult to jump off. Also worth mentioning some are reviewing, not owning which is a different matter as you then have far more time to live with the hardware for extended periods.

The current pricing on the DK-3001 Pro is currently good, however Studio SA6 has the better BA tuning and ZEN the better DD. DK-3001 Pro is a very versatile all rounder that does nothing wrong, equally does not stand out such as the previous duo does. I'd wait on the EST 112 and even then I'd rather wait on a Tribrid with the Eclipse DD. Enjoy what you have and there's the WM1A's custom firmware to digest which also takes time to weave through :)

FWIW owning ZEN, SA6, & DK3001 Pro

Q-6

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,142 of 1,326
Take your time :) all to too easy to get on the "merry go round" here and can be difficult to jump off. Also worth mentioning some are reviewing, not owning which is a different matter as you then have far more time to live with the hardware for extended periods.

The current pricing on the DK-3001 Pro is currently good, however Studio SA6 has the better BA tuning and ZEN the better DD. DK-3001 Pro is a very versatile all rounder that does nothing wrong, equally does not stand out such as the previous duo does. I'd wait on the EST 112 and even then I'd rather wait on a Tribrid with the Eclipse DD. Enjoy what you have and there's the WM1A's custom firmware to digest which also takes time to weave through :)

Q-6

Perfect, thank you for that much needed injection of sense!

Yes indeed re the WM1A, still very much becoming acquainted with the various tuning options and how they match different IEMs.

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,143 of 1,326
I said I wasn't going to buy another IEM till at least June - then DUNU throw not one, but two curve balls at me:

EST 112 imminent and a great reduction on the DK-3001 Pro, the IEM that first grabbed my attention from DUNU and led me to the ZEN and then SA6!

In the same week where my wife looked at me in horror when I said a recent micro-SD purchase cost €200...
Tell me about it.. I will be getting up crack of dawn checking on my post bro

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,144 of 1,326

Q-6
Real talk. The ZEN has currently dragged me off the merry go round. The EST 11 looks very tempting. Just when I thought I was out ,they drag me back in!

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #1,145 of 1,326
Real talk. The ZEN has currently dragged me off the merry go round. The EST 11 looks very tempting. Just when I thought I was out ,they drag me back in!

As we always say, why not both? I'm sure the EST 112 will be different enough from the Zen to warrant it.

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,146 of 1,326
Just me but I'll wait on a Tribrid with the new Eclipse DD as believe the upcoming EST 112 has a different DD. don't doubt the IEM wont be good, equally only two ears and how many IEM's LOL.

If you've got Studio SA6 & ZEN your in a good place, without getting into serious coin for very minor nuances. I don't doubt DUNU as they have proven to be tremendously competent and more they are equally transparent clearly stating that some of their IEM's will not be the best option for all. SA6 has superb tonality with some of the best BA bass on offer. ZEN has superb class leading bass layering, treble can roll off early for some, equally no complaints here as with multiple source's and the very dynamic Sony WM1A with multiple custom firmware not an issue.

Q-6

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #1,147 of 1,326
As we always say, why not both? I'm sure the EST 112 will be different enough from the Zen to warrant it.
Then why not arrange a tour, then people can see or more to the point listen for themselves?

Q-6

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,148 of 1,326
Just me but I'll wait on a Tribrid with the new Eclipse DD as believe the upcoming EST 112 has a different DD. don't doubt the IEM wont be good, equally only two ears and how many IEM's LOL.

If you've got Studio SA6 & ZEN your in a good place, without getting into serious coin for very minor nuances. I don't doubt DUNU as they have proven to be tremendously competent and more they are equally transparent clearly stating that some of their IEM's will not be the best option for all. SA6 has superb tonality with some of the best BA bass on offer. ZEN has superb class leading bass layering, treble can roll off early for some, equally no complaints here as with multiple source's and the very dynamic Sony WM1A with multiple custom firmware not an issue.

Q-6
I've come to the same conclusion - the EST with Eclipse is where it's at. Not sure about the price though!

I have a backlog to buy, so all good. lol.

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,149 of 1,326
Then why not arrange a tour, then people can see or more to the point listen for themselves?

Q-6
I’m the one organizing the ZEN Canadian tour.

I’ll be working on getting the EST 112 on the tour for Canada alongside the ZEN. (Hoping to possibly adding the Luna too)

I’ve been anticipating the EST 112 release since it was teased.

I think that would really help people decide which to buy or if they’re adventurous enough, all of them lmao

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,150 of 1,326
I’m the one organizing the ZEN Canadian tour.

I’ll be working on getting the EST 112 on the tour for Canada alongside the ZEN. (Hoping to possibly adding the Luna too)

I’ve been anticipating the EST 112 release since it was teased.

I think that would really help people decide which to buy or if they’re adventurous enough, all of them lmao
Could be a great opportunity for collaboration, given both DUNU & IFI are very good providers...

Q-6

Mar 11, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,151 of 1,326
Could be a great opportunity for collaboration, given both DUNU & IFI are very good providers...

Q-6
Dunu & IFI are indeed good providers, better yet they also pair well with each other. Dunu Dynamic drivers really benefit from low output impedance and clean output of IFI. Here my beloved combo IFI Signature + Dunu Luna. My Zen is comming, I will do a quick comparison between Zen and Luna by then.

Attachments

• received_276419537393110.jpeg
    received_276419537393110.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,152 of 1,326
Dunu & IFI are indeed good providers, better yet they also pair well with each other. Dunu Dynamic drivers really benefit from low output impedance and clean output of IFI. Here my beloved combo IFI Signature + Dunu Luna. My Zen is comming, I will do a quick comparison between Zen and Luna by then.
Can’t wait to hear your impressions buddy!

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,153 of 1,326
EST 112 it's already available for pre-order at Penon Audio. 489,99$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back