ZEN by DUNU: our first model designed around next-generation driver platform ECLIPSƎ
Jan 9, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #286 of 1,326
I spend all morning cabling swapping. I tried OC studio Aux, OC studio Montaba, dita truth, Sony Kimber and I ended up coming back to the stock cable.

They all changed the sound too much. I'm curious to know how Dunu Noble and Blanche will pair with Zen.
I tried the LUNA cable which is claimed to be a special version of the Noble and it sounded a little light on the treble maybe a little warmer too. I so far like the stock cable best.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #288 of 1,326
Jan 10, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #289 of 1,326
I spend all morning cabling swapping. I tried OC studio Aux, OC studio Montaba, dita truth, Sony Kimber and I ended up coming back to the stock cable.

They all changed the sound too much. I'm curious to know how Dunu Noble and Blanche will pair with Zen.
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try during my free time. :)

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #290 of 1,326
Shipping notification this morning from Linsoul - as the song goes, it's the final countdown 🎵

Screenshot_20210111-085618_Gmail.jpg

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #294 of 1,326
I should have a review out in the next few days. Just doing some final amp testing and figuring out if I wanna do comparisons to things like my andros or not. I feel it’s not fair since all BA versus this single DD sound vastly different. Plus I feel dirty liking the ZEN more than my beat up old andros haha

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #295 of 1,326
The big comparisons are of course going to be against the FD5 and the Luna. I wonder how the soundstage and imaging compare with the FD5, and also how well the Zen handles extremely complex music, such as some death metal and some symphonic pieces. Compression with such tracks is the main weakness of the NM2+.

Jan 12, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #297 of 1,326
I should have a review out in the next few days. Just doing some final amp testing and figuring out if I wanna do comparisons to things like my andros or not. I feel it’s not fair since all BA versus this single DD sound vastly different. Plus I feel dirty liking the ZEN more than my beat up old andros haha

Compare everything! It may not be a fair comparison, but they’re all just IEMs. Whatever has the best sound has the best sound. Of course, I’,m saying this just so I can hear more about the Zen too. Ha!

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #300 of 1,326
A comparison FD5 vs ZEN would be awesome. :) I don't know which one i should order.
One person who has both said the details and technicalities are similar but the zens have the better tuning. I personally would not pay double the price if this is the case but will hope for more comparisons until I consider them. All that marketing then sounding technically as good and detailed as fiio's flagship DD at double the price? Let's hope not. I need the zens to separate themselves from the pack and standout for me to take them serious especially at that price. Btw I have the fd5 and they sound absolutely stellar! However, the tuning isn't exactly to my liking and am considering returning them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back