Yuin Pk3 vs Sennheiser mx760
May 10, 2009 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

yourstruly

100+ Head-Fier
Same price range, rave reviews on both sides. Can someone give me the pros and cons of both of these? I believe they're neck to neck contenders at this categories.

May 10, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 12
MX760 is a little cheaper, but for the extra $9-10 I would grab the PK3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 12
Both are at the top of their game, but for the same price I'd take the PK3s. My problem with the MX760 is that it has a very wide and airy soundstage - so wide in fact that it seems almost artificial and makes some tracks sound disjointed, at least to my ears. Note that the MX760 is harsh initially but improves with burn-in. The PK3 is more aggressive and has a more forward sound, making the headstage feel 'closer'. It has slightly tighter/stronger bass (thought definitely not basshead amounts). It is also fairly bright - generally reminds me of the Grado sig. The MX760s are definitely more 'sennheiser' in sound - a bit more laid back, darker, somewhat smoother with burn-in.

That said, I paid $20 for my MX760s and $40 for my PK3s, so the Senns are a better value (come with some accessories, too). I'm also one of the few people who find the modular cable useful - the I use the Senns for biking as they don't isolate at all, and the short cable reaches my armband just fine.

Sep 26, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both are at the top of their game, but for the same price I'd take the PK3s. My problem with the MX760 is that it has a very wide and airy soundstage - so wide in fact that it seems almost artificial and makes some tracks sound disjointed, at least to my ears. Note that the MX760 is harsh initially but improves with burn-in. The PK3 is more aggressive and has a more forward sound, making the headstage feel 'closer'. It has slightly tighter/stronger bass (thought definitely not basshead amounts). It is also fairly bright - generally reminds me of the Grado sig. The MX760s are definitely more 'sennheiser' in sound - a bit more laid back, darker, somewhat smoother with burn-in.

I would like the sound to be more fidelity, so I prefer MX760 because Sennheiser has less effects to the original sound. Well, maybe I will try YUIN later on.

Aug 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #7 of 12
bull****...i have the mx760 and wanted an upgrade...and heard a lot about yuins...so grabed the ok3...that supose to be  a little better then the pk3...TOTALLY WASTE OF MONEY...still listening to my mx760...

i didn't care that the yuin looks cheap...but What they sound even cheper.....

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 12
I love my MX760's and I got them for about $25 on Newegg about a year ago and i'm still loving them.

They even sound a little nicer with my Fiio E5 that I got yesterday.

I'd really want to try a nice pair of Yuin's, but the OK3 and PK3 just don't seem worth them money ($40 for PK3 and $60 for OK3) based on reviews, and I cant justify $100+ for earbuds. I'd rather just use my Ultrasone HF-780's that i got for $179 on Amazon than pay $229 for a pair of OK3's.

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #9 of 12
I had the PK3 about a year ago and kept them for several months.  At the time, I was amazed at their detail level and clarity, but I eventually got tired of there heavy mid-centric presentation -- too warm and thick in the mids for me.  At the time I had the MX660 and it had/has a very wide soundstage, almost like the a fake surround-sound.  

The MX760, however, is in my ears nearly every night as I fall asleep.  They are warm, but very balanced across the spectrum, wide and airy, but not too much for me.   I prefer them over the PK3.

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 12
I have mx760 and tried pk3. I must say (subjectively) mx760 is superior in term of sound definition with being harsh. Pk3 (i tested the burned in unit) feels harsh to me, but it has a more powerful bass.

All in all, it depends on the ,usic you listen to. I can't stand mx760 sound characteristic on dance and bass impact driven songs. It's too weak, despite it being an open earbud.

1 complain on mx760, i wish they could make the unit a little slimmer, coz it hurts my ears after listening for 1 hour or so.

Btw, just read the review for mx980. Right now i'm drooling with envy to have it. LOL

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 12
My steps :

1. own pk3
2. bought mx760, sold pk3
3. bought pk2, gave mx760 to a friend
4. locked-target : mx980 

First post after more than a year joined.. Pertamax ! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 12
Labilabi: can you give me some info on MX980? i've been wondering about this new unit. I found good reviews, but i still doubt earbud can provide excellent sound quality, though I'm very happy with my MX 760. I appreciate if you would, please. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back