Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #616 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by neco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As an update to my previous post it appears the new plug design has not resolved the problem with the Yuin PK3's. This morning on the way to work my right earbug died. This is my 3rd PK3 to have died in this fashion, as well my ex also had a pair die on her in the same way. I really like the sound of the PK3 but I may have to find alternatives as this is getting too expensive to keep replacing them every few months.

Thanks for the update, I suspected this would happen after I got my PK3 with the new plug. Yuin did the wrong thing by changing the plug, because the problem is not in the plug, but in the cable, it is too fragile and would always break at that point, regardless of the plug design. It's really a shame, as I doubt I can find any alternative (as I can't use IEMs...).

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #618 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lost my foams that came with my Pk3 earphones. What do I do?

You can easily grab some replacements at your local Radio Shack.

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #619 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can easily grab some replacements at your local Radio Shack.

I grab mine from a Japanese dollar store called Daiso. Hopefully one would also be able to locate such items at a normal dollar store.

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #620 of 779
Do PK3's with foam fit in a similar manner to the stock ipod buds? I hate foam covers and find the naked white buds a perfect fit for my usage.

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #621 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by neco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I grab mine from a Japanese dollar store called Daiso. Hopefully one would also be able to locate such items at a normal dollar store.

Daiso sells these? My sisters go there all the time, I will have to tag along one day to check out what other quality stuff they sell there.

Oct 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #622 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daiso sells these? My sisters go there all the time, I will have to tag along one day to check out what other quality stuff they sell there.

LoL yes they have them. They come in a pack of 8 with 2 red, 2 blue and 4 black for $2 Canadian + tax. I live in Richmond British Columbia not sure whether other Daiso's have them as well.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #623 of 779
Just want to say I recieved my pk3's today, and after a few hours of listening I love them. For the past few weeks I have been using some V-moda Vibes that I got as a gift a few years ago, but I hate IEMs, as they irritate my ears. Before that I was using an old pair of Skullcandy's I got for free from a snowboarding shop, but I broke them skateboarding (didn't care, they were trash).
I listen to music pretty much all day in the library, when walking to and from campus to classes, and then when I study at night, so having comfortable headphones is important to me, this is really why I decided to get earbuds. I just got these tonight so I will post again when they are burned in (music when I need to wear them and pink noise otherwise), but straight out of the box they sound very pleasant.
(Sorry this is long I know) The quality seems nice, but I know they are not rumored to be the most reliable cans. Since I will be wearing these all the time, at least for a while, and they are pretty cheap I am planning on replacing the cord pretty soon. Being a poor student audiophile it may take a while, but I am planning on building an amp as well in the near future.
I will post up some pictures when I finish the cord, and will post my thoughts once they are burned in.
-Geoff

Nov 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #625 of 779
I'm a happy owner of the Pk3's as of today. I finally have found and ultraportable solution that sounds like my beloved ksc75's. Truly for me this is an addictive sound signature. Cheap too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #627 of 779
I noticed that after a few hours the sparkle went away. But they are bright enough for me. I'm slowly becoming a fan of a little bit brighter sound. Not harsh. I like my bass too though.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #628 of 779
It is with great sadness that I report that my PK3's are no longer working as pair. I got the dreaded dead ear bud (right side) as soon as I tried using them this morning on my way to work. I BABIED these ear buds like my life depended on them and it still happened! I listen to them mainly 5 days a week on my way to work and at night at the gym. Perhaps this is Yuin's indirect way as saying buy the better ones (PK1's), lol. Has anyone heard of PK1's having one dying ear bud? I may go for these now if the quality is there.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #629 of 779
Are the PK3s still readily available? I know i had to look for a while to get mine.

Having said that, i find im always using the canal type earphones so my barely used PK3s might be up for sale

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #630 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard of PK1's having one dying ear bud? I may go for these now if the quality is there.

It's a cable problem, not earbud problem, so it's the same across the whole PK line. The cable breaks at the specific point where it leaves the 3.5 mm jack. Yuin slightly changed the jack type recently, but it didn't help at all, they would have to change the cable to be more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back