Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #483 of 779
okay thanks - I was poking them with a paper clip, but they weren't opening.

/goes to get the tweazers
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #484 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you get these donut pads on? They don't seem to have an inside opening.
confused.gif

For me it was more than just treating them rough, I had to rip them apart, making sure I didn't rip the whole thing!

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #485 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me it was more than just treating them rough, I had to rip them apart, making sure I didn't rip the whole thing!

yeah, I see what you mean. I already just ripped one.
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #486 of 779
Quote:

I just got mine. They sound really great even without any burn in yet. A huge step up in clarity and detail over the stock sansa buds, that's for sure! :thumbsup:

Funny that you mention the Sansa buds, my brother has them and I was like, "Are those my new PK3s?!" They look very similar, but it's a generic style I suppose.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #487 of 779
Quote:

yeah, I see what you mean. I already just ripped one.
tongue.gif

Give the full pads a shot, they sound the best IMO. Definitely easier to put on too
smily_headphones1.gif

The thing I hate about the donuts is how the pad never stays centered.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #488 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekowalski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny that you mention the Sansa buds, my brother has them and I was like, "Are those my new PK3s?!" They look identical.

They are very close.
smile_phones.gif
The stem of the sansa buds is a little thicker and little bit longer, and has a glossy kind of finish. The ear part itself is about the same size.

The speaker vents or whatever on the sansas are like 4 or 5 little holes across the top, while the PK3's are the two horizontal line vents. I think that would probably account for a more open and airier sound, but I haven't tested them long enough to get a sense of that yet. They're definitely more detailed and "open" sounding than the stock buds so far, though. And I only expect that to improve over time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #489 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give the full pads a shot, they sound the best IMO. Definitely easier to put on too
smily_headphones1.gif

The thing I hate about the donuts is how the pad never stays centered.

I think I do like the full pads better. The donuts sounded a little harsh to me for the brief minute I tried them. With earphone break in maybe that will change, but for now I'm sticking with the full pads.

I also love the packaging on these, and how they come with a 1/4" adapter. That's classy! It's identical to the one that came with my grados, btw.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #492 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by supersong115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm rocking the full pads...and after 2 weeks of daily usage the sound never ceases to amaze me. I might get some full pads of different color...maybe red?

I have a few tracks that just sound ridiculous with these bad boys. I'm constantly amazed by them!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back