Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #511 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I wear ear buds, for whatever reason, they tend to move away from a snug fit, and I have to readjust them a bit, and when moving about, it's happens more often. You actually got it right the last time, everyone has different ear shapes, and some types of phones work better than others. In fact, while I love the PK3 value and sound, I wore mine for 2 hours last night, and they made my ears sore. Never had them on for long before, and now may have to sell them ... again (3rd time). Seems nuts, but I had never tried long-term wear before. I am going to see if they feel any better without pads, and if not, someone will get a good deal.

They're def going to hurt even more without the pads. I got the same pain at the beginning but not so much now that my ears are used to them I suppose.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #513 of 779
I also jumped on these for a more portable and convenient alternative to my Ety ER4P's.

Will report when I get them.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #514 of 779
You guys are awesome. I found this forum about a year ago when I was looking for some new cans and ended up getting some Grado SR60s. I've had my eyes on the Yuin PK2s for a while. I decided to try the PK3s instead because of this thread. Ordered them on Thursday and got them today (nice job Head-Direct).

These little buds are great. I agree with an earlier post, the remind me of my SR60s in miniature form. Now I really want to try the PK2s to see what the difference is.

Thanks everyone!

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #515 of 779
I know this is probably in the thread somewhere, but how is the best way to get some Yuins (either PK2 or PK3) being in the US? They're around but in your opinion, where's the best place?

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #517 of 779
I live in the US and I ordered my PK3s from Head-Direct.com
These are very nice earbuds. It came with a 1/4" adapter and some foam coverings. (Closed and donut shaped, I prefer the donuts to closed) It took me about 4 days after ordering to receive these little buds from Head-Direct.
ksc75smile.gif

May 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #518 of 779
My PK3s arrived and I burned them for about 12 hours.
I noticed that using a Fiio E5 amp on max volume and having the bass switched on results in pops during drum hits on some songs. The same also happens when I use a stronger amplifier - cracks and pops during drum hits, when the volume is somewhat high.

I guess the PK3 doesn't do well with aggressive amplification. It seems to be a pretty good earphone, though, and I am enjoying it.

May 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #520 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to heavily amp the YUIN, go for the PK1. It takes in 5x more current (150 Ohm impedance vs PK2's 30ish Ohm). Be prepared to pay 5x more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is PK1 5 times better than PK3?

I would say YES

May 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #521 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My PK3s arrived and I burned them for about 12 hours.
I noticed that using a Fiio E5 amp on max volume and having the bass switched on results in pops during drum hits on some songs. The same also happens when I use a stronger amplifier - cracks and pops during drum hits, when the volume is somewhat high.

I guess the PK3 doesn't do well with aggressive amplification. It seems to be a pretty good earphone, though, and I am enjoying it.

I use an E5 with mine, and I don't notice any of that bass popping or cracking. And that's even with Hardfloor, "nothing but a format thing," etc.
ph34r.gif
Maybe there's something wrong with them?

May 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #523 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, and I have owned both (PK1 once, PK3 thrice).

I agree they are not 5x better. I have owned PK1, PK2, and PK3. PK1 is definitely 2x if not 3x better than the PK3. Not 5x though.

May 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #524 of 779
Maybe i'm better off posing this question in here...

Can anyone reccomend new pads for the PK3s? I want to replace the foamies with something that is a bit 'stickier', as my left ear doesn't hold the bud in place very well. Something made of rubber, or a 'rubbery' type of foam?

I can position it right where I want it, but for whatever reason the left slowly falls out of position, while the right sticks in fine.

thanks!

May 19, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #525 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree they are not 5x better. I have owned PK1, PK2, and PK3. PK1 is definitely 2x if not 3x better than the PK3. Not 5x though.

Hmm...It'd be helpful to get a short answer as to how the PK3 stacks up on the PK2. Just looking at another opinion from someone who's tried both before making a decision. Is the PK2 really worth 2x the money? I'm getting an AD-700 for home use and an E5 amp, so if I'm going to spend twice as much on the PK2 over the PK3 for portable use, I want to make sure it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back