beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #437 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I just ordered a pair.
beerchug.gif

You're gonna like what you hear when you get them
L3000.gif

Jazz sounds amazing on these...the cymbals, bass, piano, and vocals all are depicted very nicely.

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #440 of 779
BTW, I was listening to a tribal tech track yesterday on the train and I felt like I was at a nightclub listening to this track. Man, these buds are AMAZING!! The clarity and bass just sound ridiculous! I've also realized that some of my tracks are crystal clear and clean sounding while others sound like low quality recordings. I'm also using the full pads rather than the donuts and I'm much much happier with the full ones. Less treble, more bassy...too much treble stings my ears after awhile. If anyone wants to listen to the track, send me a pm and I'll send you the link.

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #441 of 779
I have to say, i love my Grado sr80s. and after i did a side by side comparison between my pk3s and the sr80s, i came to the conclusion that the pk3s are like a miniature version of the sr80s. Other than the sound-stage...clarity, bass, mids, highs are all there. I am oh soooo pleased. I can just imagine what the pk1 sounds like
devil_face.gif
(but out of my budget
frown.gif
). My source is coming out of my computer's SB audigy 2 soundcard (no EQ or any 3d enhancement crap), to a BSG premium cmoy amp and then to my phones. I just get lost in the music!

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #442 of 779
Don't fret. My humble view is the Pk3s are not so far from the PK1s, at least not to spend the difference. I have owned all three PKs, and I still like the PK3s best for sound-to-spend value. In fact, even with my high-end phones, I just ordered another pair of PK3s (sold off some stuff and feel bad having sold off my PK3s). Need them for the beach, other non-critical listening.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #444 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't fret. My humble view is the Pk3s are not so far from the PK1s, at least not to spend the difference. I have owned all three PKs, and I still like the PK3s best for sound-to-spend value. In fact, even with my high-end phones, I just ordered another pair of PK3s (sold off some stuff and feel bad having sold off my PK3s). Need them for the beach, other non-critical listening.

completely agree.. i have the pk3 and pk1.. i thought the pk1 would be a HUGE improvement but the difference in SQ doesn't justify the difference in price IMO.

pk3 rules!

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #445 of 779
OH. MY. GOD.

$1500 later, I spend $39 and go...WOW. Ladies and gentlemen, the King of Bang for the Buck: Yuin PK3.

I'm not saying they're better than my D2000 or ESW9 or HD25, but...these are going to get a LOT of listening... My goodness. $39.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #446 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH. MY. GOD.

$1500 later, I spend $39 and go...WOW. Ladies and gentlemen, the King of Bang for the Buck: Yuin PK3.

I'm not saying they're better than my D2000 or ESW9 or HD25, but...these are going to get a LOT of listening... My goodness. $39.

That's exactly what I said too.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #448 of 779
Well, I guess Audio Technica gear looks a heck of a lot better.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back