Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #422 of 779
Anyone who has both PK1 and PK3? How's the bass on the Pk3? I always felt like I had next to none with the PK1.. Tho I loved the soundstage and clarity.. I assume the Pk3 have less of both, but make up for it in bass? Does it go deep?

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #423 of 779
From memory, the PK1 has quite a bit more bass than the PK3, but it still isn't for bassheads.

Without EQ, the PK1 goes deeper. If you EQ some deep bass into them both, the PK3 can actually go lower, if memory serves.

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #424 of 779
So i got my pk3s yesterday. Here are my impressions:

After opening the packaging, I put on the donut foams right away and gave them a whirl. Sound was very detailed and I was very delighted. However, I wasn't getting the bass everyone was raving about. I figured I let it burn in over night before I come to any conclusions. Today I took it with me to school...Still lacked the bass I was looking for. I compared them with my modded KSC75 and the koss phones almost seemed they have TOO much! When I pushed the pk3 in more and held them there, I could hear that that the bass is there, but if I let go, it disappeared.

THAT's when I decided to put the regular foams on. I crossed my fingers and waited for the song to start...YES....I hear it! Controlled, deep, punchy bass. Here is another "wow" to add to this thread.

the included foamies are very important imo. The donuts didn't do it for me, but the regular ones did. Happy listening!

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #425 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelusjd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a pair of these a week or two ago and am astounded at the sound you get out of earbuds! Loving them so far with my Zune 80.

I was wondering since I have a Zune too (with the v2 premium earbuds) how these compared with them? I was thinking of either getting the pk2 or ok3's as a replacement. Not interested in using an amp so either those will do.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #426 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by supersong115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the included foamies are very important imo. The donuts didn't do it for me, but the regular ones did. Happy listening!

Yup I've been using the full pads since day one. They sound the best IMO, very full sounding bass.

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #429 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pk3 + e5 = amazing.

Really?! Does it just boost the sound level or enhance the SQ? I may end up picking up an e5 since its cheap. I'm just not to crazy about carrying an extra piece of electronics.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #430 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?! Does it just boost the sound level or enhance the SQ? I may end up picking up an e5 since its cheap. I'm just not to crazy about carrying an extra piece of electronics.

Both -- The E5 is not just a volume boost, but it enhances the SQ a fair amount -- clarity, definition and some increase to the soundstage (sense of instrument positions on stage). I notice this increase in all my phones I use. AND, with the bass boost on the E5, low volume listening is a pleasure because there is just the right amount of bottom end added.

The E5 for $25, plus the PK3 for $40-50, is a great audio solution!

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #432 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who has both PK1 and PK3? How's the bass on the Pk3? I always felt like I had next to none with the PK1.. Tho I loved the soundstage and clarity.. I assume the Pk3 have less of both, but make up for it in bass? Does it go deep?

PK3s definitely don't have next to no bass compared to PK1s. PK1s do have the same kind of presence, but better quality and punch to it.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #433 of 779
I've been using the pk3s for about a week now and I have to admit the sound gets better and better. I don't think this is psychological either because I remember what it used to sound like. Now, the clarity and warmth has really come out and I even think the soundstage has gotten better...not as wide as my modded ksc75 or sr80i but still damn good separation!

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #434 of 779
I think I'm going to get these. My PX100s have started feeling like they're pressing into my ears too much. I like buds better for out in public anyway, less obtrusive.
smile_phones.gif

I've only gotten to about page 20 so far. Are these still shipping with the short J-cable, or are they all Y-cords by now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back