Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #586 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what to say but they come close.Maybe not as big of a soundstage(?) as 225's but pretty darn close. YMMV though. I don't want everyone to sell their 225's. The pk2's have their place.I put my 225's down and am listening to them now. I would have no problem purchasing them again.

They are definitely a nice earbud for someone that likes the grado sound.

So they have the grado sound? I'm kinda a fan of the grado sound. To me, the brightness sounds un natural and I don't really like that. But I love the front-row feeling.

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #587 of 1,068
The pk1 has a great potential indead, with suitable amp it can be really powerful and you may ungrade the eaphone cable as well

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #588 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So they have the grado sound? I'm kinda a fan of the grado sound. To me, the brightness sounds un natural and I don't really like that. But I love the front-row feeling.

The highs are there but they are somewhat subdued. I like highs so this may be wrong compared to your views of highs though.They definitely have that front row feeling plus the drums do have that grado sound. I love the sound of drums from a grado.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #590 of 1,068
I think pk2's are a nice earbud and really sound quite good.You will be surprised.

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #592 of 1,068
So I bought Yuin PK2's about half a year ago and I have been VERY pleased with them.

But today, out of nowhere, while listening one of the earbuds stopped working, there is no music coming from it anymore! The cable is still in perfect condition and I have always been very careful with them!

So has this happend to anyone here before and what did you do? I mean they are kinda expensive for earphones (at least for me!) and it's making me kinda sad they already broke
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #593 of 1,068
Got my PK1s at a very good price (in a bundle with a wrongly labeled price from one of head-fi's sponsor shops), and certainly have no complaints about it. Sounds okay straight out of the 'pod, but shines with a amp. Still running them in though, so hope it gets better
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #594 of 1,068
yeah, the pk1 does have the grado sound, but without the bass... this is comparing to the hf-1 and rs-1 that i've had in the past. but overall it's an awesome pair of earphones. i use it everyday at work. it does, however, make my ue-10 sound boring at times...

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #595 of 1,068
Did anyone try R&B setting on ipod with PK1? The sound becomes very full and suddenly bass comes alive. It really sounds amazing with some guitar tunes and classical.

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #596 of 1,068
Puuhh ... 60 pages later (and over 60 min taken from my workingday).

Well, this buds seems to be the thing! I have looked for a while for non-iem buds, but no luck. Until now! so many of you guys can´t be wrong. So I, hopefully, will get me a pair (havn´t decided wich one yet).

One question though:
Anyone who have experience of PX100´s and Pk´s? I would really want to share your opinion regarding differences and simularities between those two headphones!

Thanx!

( New here, just my second post. Seems to be a very friendly and helpful place
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #597 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuesday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question though:
Anyone who have experience of PX100´s and Pk´s? I would really want to share your opinion regarding differences and simularities between those two headphones!

Take a look at this thread

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #599 of 1,068
I ordered PK3's as a birthday present. I tested them a bit (I have the PK1's so you can imagine my interest). I got cold chills when I first time used them out of meizu M6 with After Forever: Withering Time. I was stunned. I was thinking can this be. PK3's sounded full and detailed rivaling PK1's. If it was a random test I think most would have picked PK3's because of their bass impact.

If PK2's sound even better I would imagine they would outperform PK1's without an amp (which probably isn't the case determing from what I have read).

Using Move's amp and dac the differences can be easily determined. PK3's bass impact isn't so "wow" in comparison anymore. PK1's detail improved much. PK3's sound didn't chance that much.

This was a quick 10-15min test. My first impression of PK3's would be: the best purchase or bang for the buck I have yet encountered (39 euros with delivery service to Finland).

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #600 of 1,068
They are a fantastic little ear bud, and no amp required. I sold mine, but I have the OK3s now, and they are around the same, with a little edge on the mids/highs in SQ. Imagine, I had paid $25 for my PK3s in a Head-Fi Group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back