Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Feb 28, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #556 of 1,068
For my ears I have the doughnuts over the top of the full foam covers. This helps the PK1's sit better in my ears and bass weight and punch is noticeable. Just experiment.

Feb 28, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #557 of 1,068
Just got my PK2s today. Absolutely in love with the sound signature. I feel it definitely is a good compliment to my SR80s.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #558 of 1,068
I just ordered some PK2s for walking around and travel (IEMS for the flight. then around town will be these bad boys. )

I'm excited! I wanted to go with the PK1s but I heard they aren't so great from a RSA tomahawk and I have zero intention to buy anymore headphones or amps any time soon.... So PK2 all the way!

edit: I've been reading some other opinions about using the Pk1s with a Tomahawk. Would they work well with my portable setup? (5th Gen iPod or 3rd Gen Nano / Tomahawk / and an ALO Jumbo cryo copper IC)? The setup has amazing detail with my ER4Ps (and is wonderful with the P to S adapter as well) So I'm curious how hard it is to drive?

I happily use my Tomahawk with my SR225s AND my HD600s..

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #559 of 1,068
So... reading thru a lot of pages of this thread makes me really wanna buy one of these PK1s. I do have one question tho: how much sibilance does it have (I'd use it with an amp o'course, probably the Meier 2Move)? I'm very sensitive to sibilance.

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #560 of 1,068
I just received a pair of PK2 a couple of days ago and have been listening to them extensively through my iPod (they're going to be my main portable 'phones), and I must say I'm impressed! They kick the crap out of my old (now-dead) Vibes IMHO, very fun and involving sound, I would agree with those who describe it as Grado-esque. Not a TON of bass, but it's there... and they don't fall out of my ears, which is great! The only thing is... those donut foamies are really hard to put on, haha....

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #561 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... reading thru a lot of pages of this thread makes me really wanna buy one of these PK1s. I do have one question tho: how much sibilance does it have (I'd use it with an amp o'course, probably the Meier 2Move)? I'm very sensitive to sibilance.

none, they are crisp clear, full bodied lush sound, i love them, i wish they were isolating though.

yuin have a new OK1/2/3 series coming soon to Head-Direct, I'll be getting the OK2 soon - before release - to post up my impression!

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #565 of 1,068
Anyone know where I can find some PK2's or PK3's with the J-cord? I like that design personally!

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #567 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelayostyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the current PK2s shipping with a Y-cord ?

TTVJ.com is currently shipping their PK2's with a Y-cable. I received mine last week and am extremely content.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #568 of 1,068
Just got mine about a week ago too from todd and I love them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #570 of 1,068
Can anyone tell me how the Yuin PK1 fair with any similar price IEM such as the Westone UM1, Shure SE210 or Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5.....I am going to run it amped..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back