Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Aug 7, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #196 of 1,068
I got my move yesterday and PK1's today and I see that USB power isn't enought as sound improved a lot when I use 9V battery. I wonder if PK1's would improve with 12V? Anyone tested?

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #197 of 1,068
I haven't been able to listen to my Pk1's as my girlfriend stole my portable rig from me a few weeks ago. =[

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #198 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by qscq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my move yesterday and PK1's today and I see that USB power isn't enought as sound improved a lot when I use 9V battery. I wonder if PK1's would improve with 12V? Anyone tested?

I can attest that they sound better on 18V with a cmoy than on 9V. It's surprising for such small phones. 18V is enough to drive full size cans easily.

Aug 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #199 of 1,068
Does anyone know where I can get the PK1s in Hong Kong? Or are they only sold through the internet?

edit: nevermind, found a place. Hopefully I'll get to buy them LOL

But now I found out that they sell amps too particularly the XTRA X1. Will it be a good pair together with the PK1? Will the difference be minor compared to my PA2V2?

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #200 of 1,068
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about ordering the PK2's from Head-Direct, but I was wondering how long it usually takes to arrive. My address is changing next Thursday. I want to get the PK2's ASAP (can't stand waiting
biggrin.gif
), but I don't want to risk having them delivered to the wrong place.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #201 of 1,068
I got mine East to West coast in like 4 days, so I don't see there being a problem with that delivery time. Might want to ask Fang at Head-Direct if he can put a rush job on it to guarantee the delivery time.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #202 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the same thing i was thinking... Or.. not really.. they sound amazing... wouldnt think a fake pair would sound that good (without having heard other yuins)

Bought them off a guy that reviews headphones who had recieved them to test and review them..

The shape and the two holes look identical.. and the Yuin lettering on the headpieces... but as mentioned this has the J-cord and no R-L lettering and dosent say PK-1 on the headpieces ?

How about taking a multimeter, setting it to ohms, and measuring it across the ground(the longest)part on the plug and the other probe on either the right(middle part) or left(tip) of the plug? If it is like 140 ohms or something then it is a pk1.

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #204 of 1,068
My guess is that they are either a prototype pair, or Yuin manufactures 2 Pk1's, one for overseas, and one for China. I know for awhile, J cords were very popular and many non audiophiles prefer J cord, so they might have made that for the Asian market.

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #205 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by i has a can /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about taking a multimeter, setting it to ohms, and measuring it across the ground(the longest)part on the plug and the other probe on either the right(middle part) or left(tip) of the plug? If it is like 140 ohms or something then it is a pk1.

Sounds like a great idea
smily_headphones1.gif
will do next time i come across a multimeter to verify it really IS a genuine pair (although i cant imagine it shouldnt be)

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #206 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Um1 and Pk2 differ in terms of soundstage /SQ,

I have not heard the Um1 but the pk2's soundstage is huggge. you will not be able to believe it is not a full size headphone.

Aug 18, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #207 of 1,068
Problem: need something to run un-amped and no isolation...
Solution: Yuin PK2

Just arrived yesterday from Head Direct (quick shipment, efficient transaction). Sound is very nice right out of the box.

Any burn in required on these babies?

Aug 18, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #208 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkmonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any burn in required on these babies?

The bass will become a little more defined with burn in. About 20-25 hours.

Rick

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #210 of 1,068
got PK2 yesterday, this earbuds is awesome! i feel like putting full headphones in my head, PK2 is like mini-grados, they sound forward and aggresive, punchy midbass, but not as detailed as MS1 and the high is little rolled off
overall i'm very happy with this purchase
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back