Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
May 9, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #61 of 1,068
Just got my PK1 today. Too bad is that I don't have any headphone amp yet so it was pretty soft with my iPod. I just bought an ibasso and waiting for it to arrive. But so far, I've been pretty impressed with the sound. It is pretty much what everybody have said down here. Wow! =)

May 9, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #62 of 1,068
better than ue5c & e500 huh.... now i can't wait for my pair to arrive... (back to patrolling my mailbox)

@rodaballo, how do they compare to er4s & HD650? care to shed a little light on this??

May 9, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #63 of 1,068
For those of us who travel unamped, there are not enough superlatives to describe the pk2. My super.fi 5 pros just don't seem to cut it anymore. I am getting upgrade-itis, a common malady in these parts, and, in particularly, a need to acquire shure e500/se530 or triple.fi 10's since it would appear that no other universal fit iem's pass can really pass muster. Damn you pk2's, damn you...

May 9, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #64 of 1,068
I'd like to see if the Yuin Pk1 and Pk2 are the same earphone with different impedances. A different impedance put in series can change the frequency response of the headphone, so someone should try to make an impedance adaptor for the Pk2 and see if there are any differences.

May 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 1,068
Of course not. They have totally different drivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to see if the Yuin Pk1 and Pk2 are the same earphone with different impedances. A different impedance put in series can change the frequency response of the headphone, so someone should try to make an impedance adaptor for the Pk2 and see if there are any differences.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 15, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #67 of 1,068
I just orfer some pk2s from head-diret and they were out of the Y-cord so he offered to send me the j-cord one and a free silver mini-to-mini

May 16, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #68 of 1,068
Too bad earbuds won't fit in my ears, they always fall out
frown.gif

May 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #69 of 1,068
Hi,

I have been using PK1s almost exclusively since they arrived two weeks ago.

If you do not need total isolation (I only need this inside an airplane) the PK1s are the way to go IMHO.

Other than in an airplane the normal volume will isolate you.

The ER4P/S give a similar detail but much less bass no matter how well adjusted is to you canal ear. And to have them inserted is elss comfortable than an earbud.

The e500 have, in my opinion, a less delicate bass and again is an IEM and you have to play with the seal anytime you take them ourt and in again.

If you are in airplane the e500 or the ER4/P are the way to go. Outside that the PK1s are wonderful. You can use the PK1s but the engines are just too noisy.

I have just been with a friend that works in a hi-fi store.

He was astonished by the quality of PK1s.

We used with an iPod, a Tomahawk and a Cryo ALO dock with the PK1s.

He compared them with Sennheisser OMX 90 VC.

He said that at the volumen that he was listening them the Sennheisser distorted the sound but not the PK1s.

I do not have any experience with PK2 and PK3s but if they are in accordance with quality of PK1s they must be also very good.

It is just a matter of giving a try.

And Fang is a very nice person to deal with.

Regards

May 16, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #70 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad earbuds won't fit in my ears, they always fall out
frown.gif

I always had this problem, too. However, the buds of the PK series stay comfortably and securely in place for me. I don't have any problems with them ever falling out.

May 18, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #71 of 1,068
How is the PK2 like compared to shure E4? I have been little disappointed to E4's flat sound. Sometimes it's great but in rock it's often lacking a lot. Even with Vivaldi's concertos sr60 reveal much more detail in the background, cloths moving, breathing. And when there is compelete silence with E4, with sr60's I can hear something.

It just annoys me that I would have to switch from E4<->sr60 depending on the album for best results at hand, and of course, on trips I have only E4's with me. EQ doesn't seem to solve this problem either.

I'm thinking if selling E4 and buying PK2 would be an improvement for me or should I stick with E4? I find the E4's unpleasant if used for longer periods of time ( as sr60's, they both make my head warm somehow). I don't have an amp and my source is meizu m6. I would use PK2's as portable solution, I might get amplifier and speakers soon for home use.

PS: Isolation is nice but most of the time I listen at home or at situations where complete isolation isn't necessary ( but not harmful ). I'm open for other suggestions too.

May 18, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #72 of 1,068
I haven't listened to a Yuin Pk2, but I don't think you'd make a good purchase if you want more and deeper bass. If I were you, I'd wait for the q-JAYS (look for Kramer's impressions), that are flat and with good bass and instrument separation. They'll cost less than 200$.
In my case, right now I've the Etymotic ER4P. I like them, but I could use more bass and soundstage and I'm waiting for receiving the Shure E500.

May 18, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #73 of 1,068
Out of all my headphones, my PK2's get the most usage since I'm on the go quite a bit. I also use it at the office because there's enough openness that when somebody asks me a question, I can actually tell that they're there, and also they can't really hear what I'm listening to unlike my other open phones. And it's not so closed that somebody needs to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention.

The bass has opened up a whole lot after some burn-in time and I'm loving the detailed sound. I'm actually listening to them right now as I type!
cool.gif

May 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #74 of 1,068
hi!

i'm going to hong kong in two weeks and i'm planning to buy pk2. can somebody please tell me where can I buy those headphones? and i'm going to buy crossroads mylar 3 too, are those available in hong kong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back