Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Mar 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How were the waiting times after ordering for you guys? How long did it take you to get em'.

It took about 8 days from the time I ordered them. Nankai was out of stock, though and waiting on a shipment from China. As soon as he got the shipment he mailed out my order and I got it three days later. Orders are sent Priority Mail.

Rick

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My absolute favorite amp with the PK1 is the Go-Vibe V6 with AD8397/AD825 opamps, run at 12V. Unfortunately, the Go-Vibe V6 with those opamps are only available used at this point. I'm waiting for a Go-Vibe V6 with AD8620/10 opamps that I ordered to arrive to see how it compares. But, the Go-Vibe V6 I've got with the PK1 produces no less than what I would describe as an amazing sound. Price of a Go-Vibe V6 with shipping: $105. With a 12V PSU for stationary listening: $130-ish. Along with the quality/price of the PK1, that's not a lot of money for that good a sound. With the GV V6 change in opamps to AD8620/10, you may find the GV V6 with the first opamps (AD8397/AD825) coming up on the FS Forum.

what other amps were you able to a/b with the PK1's?
you'd recommend the Go-Vibe V6 compared to what other amps?

thanks

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #18 of 1,068
Pk1's kick ass out of my LDII+..actually they sound good out of all the amps Ive used... The portable amp I like it most with is the total bithead/airhead since imo there is excellent synergy, and won't break the bank.

Mar 11, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #19 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlEnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what other amps were you able to a/b with the PK1's?
you'd recommend the Go-Vibe V6 compared to what other amps?
thanks

With the PK1's and PK2's, I've used all of the amps that i own:
a PPA fitted with discrete buffer,
M^3,
and a variety of Go-Vibe releases:
an original 2-Channel Go-Vibe with a variety of opamps,
a very limited edition 3-Channel Classic (socketted) with a variety of opamps,
a Go-Vibe V5 with LM6172/1 opamps, and AD8397/AD825 opamps,
a Go-Vibe V6 with AD8397/AD825 opamps.

When the 3-Channel Classic came out, it took over as my favorite amp with my IEMs and earbuds, until July/August 2006 when the Go-Vibe V5 was first released. Of the Go-Vibe V5, V6 releases, so far, my favorite with the PK1 is the V6 with AD8397/AD825. But, I have yet to hear the PK1 with the V6 with AD8620/10 - it's ordered, but I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Interestingly, since the 3-Channel Classic was released, I've preferred the sound of my Ety ER4S, Ety ER6, and, more recently the PK1/2 with any of the 3-Channel amps of the Go-Vibe line than with either of my higher end (more expensive) stationary amps: PPA and M^3.

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #20 of 1,068
I just got my pk2 from Karma. I use it with my iPod with no amps. Sounds great. I don't want to carry around anymore stuff with me(all keys, ciggaratte, lighter and cellphone) so pk2 is just perfect. Now I'm just curious if pk1 unamped sounds much better than pk2.

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawalsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my pk2 from Karma. I use it with my iPod with no amps. Sounds great. I don't want to carry around anymore stuff with me(all keys, ciggaratte, lighter and cellphone) so pk2 is just perfect. Now I'm just curious if pk1 unamped sounds much better than pk2.

Glad to hear you're enjoying them, Joe! If you want, I can give you unamped PK1 impressions in a couple of weeks.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear you're enjoying them, Joe! If you want, I can give you unamped PK1 impressions in a couple of weeks.
wink.gif

Amazing earbuds, Peter!! Now if you don't like pk1 you know who to pm right?

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #24 of 1,068
Quote:

Amazing earbuds, Peter!! Now if you don't like pk1 you know who to pm right?

Haha, yes, I will let you know if that happens.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 1,068
Quote:

Now I'm just curious if pk1 unamped sounds much better than pk2.

Never heard the pk2...but I periodically use my pk1's unamped and they are still pretty decent that way. The volume is fine, but having the amp gives a little more "kick" which I do miss, but can live without if traveling in "ultralite" mode.

Apr 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 1,068
I use my Pk1's daily, both amped an unamped. Unamped straight from onboard sound results in extremely bloated bass, totally unrefined. I only use them unamped when I'm watching tv or something. Properly amping them makes them sing. =]

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #30 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my Pk1's daily, both amped an unamped. Unamped straight from onboard sound results in extremely bloated bass, totally unrefined. I only use them unamped when I'm watching tv or something. Properly amping them makes them sing. =]

Thanks for the input. I've been using my Pk2 but I want one of the new y-cord versions and was thinking about just going straight for the Pk1 instead, but I'd use them unamped most-all of the time, primarily out of my 1G Shuffle.

Any other Pk2 vs. unamped Pk1 input would be helpful for dawalsh and myself
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back