Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Oct 31, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #348 of 1,068
i replaced my ms-1 with pk1 but i have HD650 for full size use now

ms-1 has more thump and body but otherwise... pk1 is so much nicer. detail and separation..

not to even mention the form factor.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #350 of 1,068
well i had PK2 and MS1 and now i'm purchasing PK1, PK2 kinda nice earphone, but PK1 is whole new level, well i'm keeping my MS1 for sure

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #351 of 1,068
Well, just received my PK1. I must say, these things deserve any accolade lauded over them by you guys! First thing that strikes me is the sound stage. Absolutely out of the world considering their size and form! The treble also is very smooth yet clear, as compared to my Senn PX100. The bass, though, misses the lower texture because of its rolloff. But overall, very pleasant surprise here! These are impressions done by powering them with my main rig, btw.

Nov 3, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #352 of 1,068
PK1 could use some amplification to extend their highs too, it's kinda roll-off

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #353 of 1,068
I recently got my PK1/Minibox-E combo from Head-Direct, and I am floored by the pair. I can't stop listening. Thanks for all the info that led me to this worthwhile purchase. -CK

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #354 of 1,068
Ok for the heck of it, i plugged in my pk1 to my GS-X (SE output) and this earbuds rock! I use it most of the time with my D1 but this earbuds need amp juice for it to shine, otherwise it's no different with regular ibuds (even worse on some cases). Don't even think of buying the pk1s without an amp!

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #355 of 1,068
I got my PK2 the day the site went down. I have to say that I love them as my portable headphones. Literally the best earbud I have ever heard and it really does seem as if I am listening to a full size can at times. I have been running them out of my 2G iPod Nano 4GB through a Biosciencegeek cMoy amp.

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #356 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my PK2 the day the site went down. I have to say that I love them as my portable headphones. Literally the best earbud I have ever heard and it really does seem as if I am listening to a full size can at times. I have been running them out of my 2G iPod Nano 4GB through a Biosciencegeek cMoy amp.

Wait until you try the PK1
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #357 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait until you try the PK1
tongue.gif

Yea I bought the PK2 because I didn't want to have to use an amp all the time but it has ended up that I am carrying the amp wherever I go anyway so I might end up selling the PK2 and buying the PK1. My wallet is crying out in pain.
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #359 of 1,068
Has anyone tried adding impedance to their PK1s? I have an impedance switch on my Minibox-E, and I find it takes a little bit of the boom out of the bass making it even smoother and more accurate.

I'm also amazed that it hardly changes the volume when adding this extra 75 ohms. I change the volume control from 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 to compensate for the added resistance. When I use the impedance switch with my other phones there is a much larger volume change. -CK

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #360 of 1,068
I've owned Westone UM1's for about a year until I just bumped into this Yuin PK series of earbuds thing... do these things actually sound like cans? I've had a pair of HD-555's, but man, I would be buying a PK2 right away if they sounded the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back