Your ultimate foot tapping headphones
Dec 31, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

auee

100+ Head-Fier
Which headphones do you reach for when you just want to tap your feet, smile, and not be concerned about isolation, soundstage, neutrality or any other audiophile concerns? They may be your most or least expensive, your newest or oldest, your most or least used headphones, or somewhere in between.

I have not found my ultimate foot tappers, so  the search continues. For me, an older model Grado came the closest, but I just could not comfortably wear them. If the newer models are more comfortable, I may go back them.

The ability to pick a headphone according to your mood, as opposed to what is possible with loudspeakers, is one of the greatest joys of headphone listening.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 14
only one option...Grados.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 14
Grados with a pad upgrade maybe? Really, they were made for this.

Quote:
Which headphones do you reach for when you just want to tap your feet, smile, and not be concerned about isolation, soundstage, neutrality or any other audiophile concerns? They may be your most or least expensive, your newest or oldest, your most or least used headphones, or somewhere in between.

I have not found my ultimate foot tappers, so  the search continues. For me, an older model Grado came the closest, but I just could not comfortably wear them. If the newer models are more comfortable, I may go back them.

The ability to pick a headphone according to your mood, as opposed to what is possible with loudspeakers, is one of the greatest joys of headphone listening.

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #5 of 14
Denon D7000 for me. I was in awe when I owned them. I miss them and really want them back, actually.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 14
Those plasma driver headphones that need to be completed.  The toe tapping is the seizing that will happen when they are used.  Who would have known several thousand volts through the brain would do that?  :wink:

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 14
I just love the Pro 900. The ultimate headphone for what you describe! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #12 of 14
Dunno, most of the so called fun headphones just make me go "ugh." Most of the foot-tapping shenanigans happen with the Stax O2 or a SR-X Mk3 Pro. Actually, there is a fantastically musical headphone, tremendous drive and dynamics, kicking bass, and just a really great, in-your-face presentation that takes no prisoners. To me it's what the Grado sound should be.

Interestingly, it also has a reputation for being one of the most neutral headphones around. So either neutral isn't what it's made out to be, or I'm a soulless automaton that hates fun, happiness, and kittens.

As R2D2 would say: bloop bleep bleepity bloop bloop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back