Your favourite headphone experience yet.
Jan 27, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #32 of 40
I don't know what my favorite headphone experience is, but I was recently trying out the HD800 and, on a friend's recommendation, played Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians' "So You Think You're In Love". He asked if I could hear a mandolin or something like it and I offhandedly said, "Yeah, off to the right and above the singers. There's a second one doubling it a bit farther to the right at eye level."

He replied, "That's what you pay for." I think he's right.

Jan 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #33 of 40

Quote:
i will always remember the time when i was in the backseat of my sister's truck on my way to mexico listening to "camera obscura" for the first time ever along with my newly-purchased hd 280 pros. everything sounded so clear and the music was flawless. now, every time i listen to them, i always try to "go back" to that day. sadly, i have outgrown the hd 280 pros. 
frown.gif

also, anytime you listen to music when you're a little tipsy sounds amazing!

I agree with your last point completely.  I'm not really into alcohol so much these days but a month ago I met some buddies I hadn't seen in a really long time.  The fellas were all hyped to go bar-hopping but I had enough and since it was still early, headed to my preferred store where I ended up with the HD600's and Fostex T50RP.  No buyer's remorse there.  I'm loving these two cans.  My wallet, however, is not loving me so much.  Ha!

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #35 of 40

Quote:
1. Putting on the KSC 75s with low expectations.

HAHA. Same, on man, and I still have them and use them today.  great cheap cans.

I would have to say the first time I upgraded my sound card away from an audigy.  When the background noise disappeared completely it was amazing.  

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #36 of 40
After 2 hours of tuning EQ,Gain setting and modding stuff in my M50 i've putted them on and play "Manhatten" by Eric Johnson,i've listened to this song about 200 time but man,IT SOUNDED GREAT!.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #37 of 40
Don't really have a favorite, but there were a couple different experiences that, although not dramatic, I remember pretty fondly.  My first pair of good headphones were the MDR-V6s.  I still remember the clarity of the guitar. When I got my first external DAC (uDAC-1), I could definitely hear a difference in sound quality.  I really liked the recabled K701s I auditioned at 32 Ohm Audio, and ended up buying them.  The HD 600s were lovely.  And finally, bang for the buck, when I first heard a drum hit on a song through the Panasonic HTF600s, there was some jaw slackening.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #38 of 40
The day I bought a modded X-Can V3 from RockGrotto.uk. So much power for so little money and it sounds so savory and manly through any headphone!

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #39 of 40
Listening to Loveless by My Bloody Valentine on my 325is through nuforce while on [insert 3 letter hallucinogen here]
gs1000.gif
basshead.gif
gs1000.gif

Or if thats cheating because its not sober, listening to my Senn 650s through a friend's E7/E9 combo listening to The Fragile by NIN

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #40 of 40
Everything I pull on my LCD-2 currently. Currently some double bass concerto. Have hardly listened to it for 3 months. Just got a 13 feet balanced cable so I can use the damn thing so I am totally starved on it.

Sounds even better then I remembered it. I was kind of impressed with my other headphones when I couldn´t listen to the LCD-2 but those days are gone... Again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back