Your Favorite Nine Inch Nails Song
Apr 16, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #62 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ringfinger is a great track, probably my favourite from PHM at the moment.

And Brewmaster, what was Sin doing at a ballet? I can imagine it being danced to, but in a modern style only
tongue.gif

"the ballet" is a euphemism used in Canada for "adult" establishments.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #63 of 76
The one where he screams about how unfair it is.

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #65 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"the ballet" is a euphemism used in Canada for "adult" establishments.

Ah, that would explain it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Has anyone heard the live version of The Becoming from the current tour? It combines the version from the Still CD with the album version. It's great.

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #66 of 76
she spread herself wide open to let the insects in
she leaves a trail of honey to show me where she's been
she has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin
seeds from a thousand others drip down from within

poetry.

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #67 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metal

They did this at the O2 in London last week, just after Trent introduced Gary Newman to the stage. Then they ran straight into Cars.
Awesome gig.

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #69 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They did this at the O2 in London last week, just after Trent introduced Gary Newman to the stage. Then they ran straight into Cars.
Awesome gig.

Yeah, I saw him perform it live for the first time at Jones Beach about a month ago in NY. Great song.

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #70 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixizous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No votes for "Perfect Drug"? Definitely my #1 choice. Combines all the stuff that makes a great Reznor tune.

"heresy (version)" from "Further Down The Spiral" is my favorite nine inch nails song. I would say, "The Perfect Drug" might be second or third, great song. I think that was the song that got me hooked on nine inch nails...

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #71 of 76
Yeah, The Perfect Drug is a very good song. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing with the NIN fans I know, and I can understand why.

Just thought I'd mention more live material; Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie is such an amazing set opener. I'm so glad we got that at the O2.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #72 of 76
"Head Like a Hole." Still rocks, even after all these years. I wish there was a SACD version of "Pretty Hate Machine," like there is for "The Downward Spiral."

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #73 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, The Perfect Drug is a very good song.

That song dropped at a time when a new album was highly anticipated, so we thought NIN would go jungle next release. Little did we know, it would be another two years before a new NIN full lenght. That is what I think of whenever The Perfect Drug is mentioned.

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #74 of 76
Wish, Closer to God (the remix -- sounds les Prince-y, more Nine Inch Nails-y), Ringfinger, the entire Fragile album -- I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back