Your Favorite Nine Inch Nails Song
Aug 31, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Criminal...

x2

The Fragile is still more or less my favorite album. I'm not sure I could pick 5 songs...I'll have to think on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixizous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And how about "Just Like You Imagined" being used in the 300 trailers? It's probably the main reason why I was hyped up to see the movie.

Yeah, that blew me away. Just the fact that one of my absolute most favorite NIN songs was used on the trailer had me extremely pumped for the movie.

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #32 of 76
And All That Could Have Been off of Still is by far my favorite.

If I picked 5 more (in any order) I would say:
Into The Void
The Fragile
Reptile
Gave Up
Dead Souls

All depends on the day though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NIN on headphones isn't right. NIN requires a car stereo to be heard properly =b

NIN on the right headphones can be pretty cool. The best I have ever heard NIN has been on Magnepan speakers. Yeah, you don't get the last word in bass depth or dynamics, but the size of the myriad of sounds Trent uses is just incredible. I had a pair of MMGs for years and after you get past the "where is the bass?" phase, they are all good. Right Where it Belongs is especially cool when Trent's voice comes into focus towards the end. His voice goes from very small and diffuse to fill your room and perfectly in focus. Do your self a favor and look up your local Magnepan dealer and bring some NIN with you....they may not like it, but you will.

Andrew

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. Trent really had a vision when he did the Fragile.

I have every album but that one. (Excluding Live, All Studio) Still won't get it

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #35 of 76
Dang...still nobody but me with "right where it belongs"

That song is crazy good...or am I the only one that digs it? lol.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #36 of 76
Closer
A Warm Place
The Art Of Self Destruction, Part One
At The Heart Of It All (though this is really from Aphex Twin, its still on a NIN release and from NIN elements)

As good as the newest NIN material is, nothing will ever top the more organic, elemental industrial sound of the Downward Spiral era. It also has the best mix of visceral material juxtaposed with soft sounds (warm place, etc). The dynamics of Closer and Art of Self Destruction cant be beat, imo.

Closer will always be the best NIN song, for its many layers of contrasting elements. Such a beautifully intricate song.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #37 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My vote goes on "Reptile" though NIN haven't visited my playlist for a long time.

Excellent choice my friend, Reptile is one bad-***** track.

However, my vote goes with "Burn" off of the Natural Born Killers soundtrack.
It just a perfect song.

Some alternates:
Suck
I do not want this
Metal
Im Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally
and of course Ringfinger

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #38 of 76
I have a couple I like. I have TDS, TF, and YZ atm, don't own em all since I started liking NIN recently (darn you mallgoths scaring me off).

The Becoming
Only
Closer
Good Given
The Great Destroyer

Those are my top 5 at the moment.

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang...still nobody but me with "right where it belongs"

That song is crazy good...or am I the only one that digs it? lol.

Someone I have gamed with a few times said he's usually pretty exclusive to trance and electronica, but really had a thing for this song still, so I guess you can have his vote
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by w4ffl35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Great Destroyer

A good song, just my ears get fatigued too heavily by the second half of it. By the way, you should really consider getting Pretty Hate Machine to add to your NIN collection.

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #40 of 76
My favorite nine inch nails song by far is "Heresy (Version)" from "Further Down The Spiral." It seems that I like "The Fragile" more than most nin fans.
"The Way Out Is Through," "The Mark Has Been Made," and "The Great Below" are definitely favorites. "The Perfect Drug," "Driver Down," "The Warning" (...and who couldn't like "Closer") and the list goes on...

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #42 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and of course Ringfinger

The drum line in Ringfinger is very cool. Have you heard the original "Twist"?

edit: sorry, those should have been one post

Sep 1, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #44 of 76
Last is a great track, but it doesn't have all the NIN characteristics, at least to me. I forgot to mention Into The Void. The keyboard textures are so tactile and eargasmic.

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #45 of 76
Late as usual
biggrin.gif

Wish - first song I heard, as I recall, and still a unique listening experience, especially coming straight after Pinion.

Closer to god - off the EP. I remember I made a compilation tape for a friend back in the day, and she complained how this song was basically inaudible. After a couple of attempts I realised my tape recorder was compressing it to reduce the "damaging" frequencies. (I also made a tape for my sister that ended with MBV's "To here knows when", and she complained the tape seemed to be damaged!)

I too think Fragile could have been a killer one-disc, but two discs was spreading it a bit thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back