You will get sick of head-fi
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #167 of 213
i got sick of headfi, but i pop in every now and again

I really gotta take a long break from Head Fi!

I'm getting sick of the same questions, the same useless debates from the same misinformed folks.
Obviously I am burned out!:xf_eek:

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #168 of 213
^ It's weird. I posted in this thread quite a bit months ago, and yet I'm still here. Apart from the "You know you're an audiophile when..." thread, which is bizarrely in the full-size headphone section, I've been spending my time almost exclusively in the lounge. I think that's how I've managed to avoid everything you've mentioned above. I hear you, though. That stuff is part of the reason I periodically take breaks from this place.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #169 of 213
Taking a break for a week or a month is definitely a good idea. Taking a break from the internet totally for a week is also a good idea.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #171 of 213
First I want to say that Head-fi is great, amazing and wonderful. It is a blessing actually. However, over time, you will get sick of it and and even vomit. Another flavor of the month, another latest hot head phone, another great amp. The cycle repeats and repeats. It's no wonder that many senior members jump ship and bail!

I love head fi but eventually when you stick with it, you get the pattern and get sick of it. In the mean time, the shopping is great if you are still searching for your dream amp and upgrade from those bad ear buds. I love head-fi but it's like eating the same pizza if you continue with it.

Lol.

I'm kind a getting tired of the repeat questions. What amp? What DAC? What headphone? It never ends. /

That means the answers are wrong.

Originally Posted by proton007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/
And I'm also afraid thats what our world is turning into. A handful of those who create, with millions who consume. Not a good sign.

Great for the creators.  Nah, with computer software and CNC cutters and all that there is massive room for creation, it's only that creativity is slowing down these days for reasons not politically correct to discuss.

Going on the same line of thought as AiDee, I guess there should be a guide to buying <fill in the component>.

You know, something like a database. All headphones, DACs, Amps sorted according to their properties, like input/output options, power source (portable/non portable), power output, Specs, Sound signature.
As you keep selecting criteria, your choice  keeps narrowing down until you've found the component you want.

It'll be much easier for a lot of users, both new and experienced. You could easily narrow down to a selection in a few clicks. No need to keep asking the same question again. 

That's a neat idea, let's make a simple website tailored around it?

Personally I am over gear (Headphones), and found my true passion, which is photography so when I venture here it is about photos or read up about general stuff and not headphones related.

I much prefer listening to music from speakers anyway!

I think that's why some people here are addicted, since they buy 1000 headphones not realising what they're really looking for are speakers. =]

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #172 of 213
Quote:
I think that's why some people here are addicted, since they buy 1000 headphones not realising what they're really looking for are speakers. =]

Sounds like what they're looking for is the K1000. Or a Smyth Realiser.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #173 of 213
Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like what they're looking for is the K1000. Or a Smyth Realiser.

I haven't heard the Smyth realiser, but I realise it's binaural, which is an illusion.  Speakers are real, and cover your entire body / room in sound, which is a different experience any way you look at it.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #174 of 213
Very true. All the Realiser can do is simulate the presentation of speakers, not the tactile, visceral aspect. I'd still love to experience one, though.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #175 of 213
Quote:
Personally I am over gear (Headphones), and found my true passion, which is photography so when I venture here it is about photos or read up about general stuff and not headphones related.

I much prefer listening to music from speakers anyway!

Ditto, but two kids sleeping in the other room make this impractical for me at this time of evening. I did just get a pair of Adam ARTist 3s for my room to use during the day, however.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #176 of 213
I'm still here 
L3000.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #177 of 213

You will get sick of head-fi

PUKE
Musta been all that Head-Fi I've digested and regurgitated   
biggrin.gif

/ feels much better, now ;')

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #178 of 213
I think that the green PUKE has a much more well rounded soundstage than the brown PUKE. I also find that after exactly 3,269 hours of burn-in that the green PUKE really opens up. It's a stunning transformation, and of course it only happens if you're using 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% pure copper cabling. Silver doesn't work. It makes the sound too shiny, and nobody wants a shiny green PUKE.

So, overall, I think the green PUKE is great, but I still recommend the M50.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #179 of 213
Why hang around when it doesn't suit your needs? I'm layin' low while digging my downgraded system, and just picked up two more UE700's. One to replace the first that went bad and a back up. That should keep me covered till I decide build up a new custom IEM system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back