Oct 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #139 of 213
Quote:
Ok, last guess: Trolling?

Nope, but it should be...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #140 of 213
Quote:
Ok, last guess: Trolling?

Try putting all the "four letter words" into a post and adding "ing" to them and watch what happens when you submit it. That might give you a clue. 
biggrin.gif

(Unless you already knew that, in which case my sarcasm detector might be broken today).

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #141 of 213
Quote:

(Unless you already knew that, in which case my sarcasm detector might be broken today).

I think it's broken... We were both "fishing" for posts...
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #142 of 213
Quote:

If we are going to ridicule cable swappers may as well ridicule tube swappers.
May as well throw in Op Amp rollers too.
And while we are at it, all DACs sound the same.

Fact:
The analog output of your iPod is all you need!

I have spoken!
The subject is closed!

Foolish Earthlings!
Prepare to be annihilated!
The alien invasion/destruction begins tomorrow!
Or maybe the day after tomorrow.

I giggled out loud. Bravo

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #143 of 213
Quote:
I giggled out loud. Bravo

Laugh all you want.
Laugh while you can.
The aliens will annihilate you first!

I know this is true, because I saw the movie Prometheus and came to some very rational conclusions.....................they are coming!
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #145 of 213
Nah, might as well say that if all working cables sound the same, then night is day and the sea is land.

"What!? You don't like Marmite? Are you a Nazi?"
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is abject stupidity.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #146 of 213
Clearly some people are sick of Head-Fi because one of the most popular forums in the Lounge is about being sick of Head-Fi.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #147 of 213
There is a lot of crazy conjecture, unprovable claims, and headphones filled with Blu-Tack here.

>I drilled holes in the baffles, rewired them, filled them with tissue, applied the dickman™ mod, set fire to them, buried them in the garden, and when i finally dug them up they sounded like HE-500. I showed them to my wife, and she was so impressed she kneed me in the groin and finalised the decree nisi. Then I chopped up an old belt and glued that to them. I can tell you I get some impressed looks around town.

I have nothing against modding, but jeeeesus.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #148 of 213
Quote:
There is a lot of crazy conjecture, unprovable claims, and headphones filled with Blu-Tack here.
>I drilled holes in the baffles, rewired them, filled them with tissue, applied the dickman™ mod, set fire to them, buried them in the garden, and when i finally dug them up they sounded like HE-500. I showed them to my wife, and she was so impressed she kneed me in the groin and finalised the decree nisi. Then I chopped up an old belt and glued that to them. I can tell you I get some impressed looks around town.
I have nothing against modding, but jeeeesus.

biggrin.gif

Pleased I just bought the HE500's instead of going through all that malarkey!

Yeah there are a lot of mods on here and I'm not just talking about peeps that like "The Who".. I've been guilty of a few; removing the foam out the the 650 drivers and replacing it with toilet paper was one of my most revelatory moments in this hobby! And it wasn't even the posh quilted stuff!

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #149 of 213
Quote:
Something to remember - at the end of the day it's about the music and not the gear.

That's what I used to think in the beginning. 
But if one enjoys collecting headphones, seeing how gear compare and compete with each other, challenging their listening abilities when trying out different dac's/amps/IEM's, witnessing subtle improvements (?), experimenting with headphone mods....................then clearly the 'gear' has taken on a life, purpose and allure within itself to some degree. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I get asked a lot of the time about this hobby (by friends and even random strangers) and everyone asking seem genuinely captivated when I tell them. It's far, far, from being a crap hobby and I especially hate it (not directed to you!) when there are people who have grown out of this type of hobby- after going through 150 headphones- and conclude that it's all about the music in the end, not the gear. Because if it was, then what made this dood go through so much gear? Hey, probably the third headphone the guy picked up was perfectly fine and satisfactory from a musical enjoyment perspective. For me if it was purely about the music and not the gear, then I would get rid of everything I have and only leave behind the £6 philips she3590 to be paired with my ageing samsung sgs smartphone. Full stop.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #150 of 213
Yeah there are a lot of mods on here and I'm not just talking about peeps that like "The Who".. I've been guilty of a few; removing the foam out the the 650 drivers and replacing it with toilet paper was one of my most revelatory moments in this hobby! And it wasn't even the posh quilted stuff!
you shouldn't say stuff like that: i have both 650s and a highly suggestible personality

i have some amperior, blu-tack, and time on my hands. since they literally slide apart, i might give it a go, but the truth is i'm too jaded by people who do stuff like mess up their car's intake and then swear blind it's noticeably faster, yet seem oblivious that altitude and temperature have more profound effects. i bit of an off subject point, i know, but the principle seems the same

i need to learn to trust. hug me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back