Mar 19, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #121 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
troll.jpg

ROFL

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #122 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfing Sharks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha, every generation says that about the generation that succedes them, and yet, some how the world keeps turning.
smily_headphones1.gif

don't worry about it

as part of the new generation, I can certainly tell you that

by the time they are finish with their parties.

Most of their brain cells will be gone and burned off....

so is up to us ... cough.. nerds cough

to set the world to order

so there is nothing to be scare of
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #123 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pfff. That's nothing.

biggrin.gif

ahh just realized... did you celebrate your number 666th thread
tongue.gif

it is my room number in college

anyway... hmm.....

I think I have spent around 1000 dollar on the road so far.... but thinking about

replace my H5 with a heedcanamp... that is another 200 dollar flying away from my wallet
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #124 of 183
it started with a pair of grado sr60s...then an av710...then a cmoy amp...then a decent mini-mini IC...and just the other day, an entech 203.2 number cruncher. my wallet hasnt been hit too hard yet but i want to upgrade to hd580s and a better amp. oh dear.

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #125 of 183
my dad spends much more money on his hobbies, bike riding and fishing. I think that most of you think that this is a very expensive hobby, but in reality its not.

So, heres what I say, if this is one of your true hobbies, go buy a great set of cans.
3000smile.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #127 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found this board about a month ago, spent only 500$, and thats considered nothing here.
blink.gif

It's not a contest Nick..It's about enjoying the music & buying what you can afford..Your GM2 will sound great IMO..

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #128 of 183
as for hobbies, this is one of the most tame ones. most hobbies a Grand doesnt even get you in the door. but that would get you a very nice entry level set up here.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #129 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Milian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

If "SOME" people don't get "IT".....................I just shake my head, go back to my toys!

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #130 of 183
The thousand or two (I've lost track) I have spent over the last 4 1/2 years has netted me hundreds if not thousands of hours of listening enjoyment and other than my computer, is one of the best investments I have made relative to the time I spend enjoying my purchases.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #131 of 183
I've caught the bug as well for quite a while. It's endless upgrading for most of us until we get to the point where our ears can't tell the difference between the high end equipment that you have and the next step up from that. I guess for most people, it is absurd to even spend $100 dollars on headphones, but I think if you look at it from a longterm view and the fact that headphones retain their value relatively well, it's a sound investment if you value hearing good sound.

Before I bought mid-higher end headphones, I used to go through several pairs of those cheap DJ style headphones from Sony, Panasonic and etc. They would last me maybe a few months or so before they broke and I would have to replace them. iBuds, I also have gone through several of those and they get messed up and start crackling after some extensive use. Not to mention the sound from these products can't even come close to comparing to something like a $100 entry level headphone like V-Moda Vibes or AKG K81DJ's.

I think theres a lot more things that are a complete waste of money than a good quality sounding pair of headphones. But, then again everyone values certain things differently. To each, their own.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #132 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Milian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

Why buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party when you can buy headphones?

No doubt spending top dollar on headphones is going be "insane" to some people, but I'd rather spend $200 on a nice pair of headphones than $200 on a pair of designer jeans... and the headphones will last longer and won't go out of style!

Mar 20, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #134 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why spend thousands on buying presents for a good looking woman? when I have a perfectly useful right hand.

I love you.

Mar 20, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #135 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. Some of our headphones cost OVER NINE THOUSAND.

LoL. Very good use of it I must say. Hope more people understand that reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back