you people are insane
Mar 15, 2007 at 7:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 183

J_Milian

New Head-Fier
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #6 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Milian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

over a thousand for some of us..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #8 of 183
Food? That'd interfere with my two-dimentionality
Clothes? I like to go "all natural"
Bed? Internet users never sleep, it reduces their spamming time
Dog? If I want something to lick me I'll get a female human
Party? Hard

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #9 of 183
Only hundreds?

eek.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif

You haven't been here long......

very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only hundreds?

eek.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif

You haven't been here long......

very_evil_smiley.gif

Indeed. Some of our headphones cost OVER NINE THOUSAND.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #11 of 183
Nah, we (or at least I) just appreciate and want to enjoy music the way it was meant to be heard. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why spend thousands of dollars on a car? I have legs, I can walk. I can also take the bus, train or order a taxi.

Why spend thousands on decorating your home? when you can get by with a lick of cheap paint and a wooden floor.

Why spend thousands on buying presents for a good looking woman? when I have a perfectly useful right hand.

Why eat out at fancy restaurants? when I can make the food at home for cheaper.

Why go to the cinema? when I can pirate all my movies.

Why drink beer, soda or any other drink that costs money? when water is free and better for you than anything else.

... and so on. What you find pointless or a waste of money, others might find enjoyable and vice versa.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #12 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioactive28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try asking photographers the same question. Why all those prime lenses when there's a Sigmonster that does 50-500mm?

Kind of a different issue though, as photography for the most part is a business and headphones are a hobby
smily_headphones1.gif
. But I see what you are saying.
To the OP: How come people buy fancy clothes, go out to eat, want new cars? whats the difference?
580smile.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #13 of 183
I love this feeling when I'm walking through crowded city with E500s in my ears. It just makes me happy. Other people might prefer buying clothes istead buying audio stuff and it makes these people happy. However, I don't understand these people
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #15 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
philistine
redface.gif

i just noticed that the gs1000 smiley looks much happier than the other phone-wearing smilies. even the he-90 smiley!

gs1000.gif
orphsmile.gif

The GS1000 smiley thinks his headphone sounds good. The HE90 smiley knows his headphone sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back