rolleyes.gif
Made me chortle.
Medieval NINE THOUSAND!!!
http://vegetainyeoldendays.ytmnd.com/

Remember shoop da whoop?

http://dbzshoopdawhoop.ytmnd.com/
http://shoopdawhoopdancing.ytmnd.com/

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #33 of 183
Back in the 70s I was into stamp collecting. To spend $400 to $600 a few times a year was not unusual for a good plate block of airmails or an early US issue.

I'd take them home and stick them in my album. And then anytime I wanted to; I could LOOK at them. They just sat there quietly looking back at me. It was jolly fun!!

But here; you can spend hours and hours of fun time researching for just the right set of cans without spending a penny for all that fun! Then when you've got them you can spend hours and hours of fun time listening to them and then spend just as many hours and hours of fun time sitting here talking about them!

Why; thousands of hours of fun around only a coupla hundred bucks in cans comes out to only pennies an hour. Ya can't have fun that cheaply at the theater!

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #34 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Milian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

You forgot charities!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #35 of 183
When not wasting money on headphones, I just burn money in a trashcan -- I love the smell of burning money in the morning!
And 20's smell better than 1's -- a light, but full-bodied fragrance.
Once in a while throw in a 100 for some tanginess.

So, TROLLS still can go to a forum and get lots of action....
rolleyes.gif

Jeez.

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #36 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kind of a different issue though, as photography for the most part is a business and headphones are a hobby
smily_headphones1.gif
. But I see what you are saying.

I don't make money (yet) with the photography so I have two expensive hobbies LOL
icon10.gif

And I love it!!!

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #38 of 183
Quote:

Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

You're right. What an idiot I have been.

All gear now FS. I'm going to use the proceeds to party. Done right, I won't even have any memories of the party.
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #39 of 183
J Milian:

You have a good point but I have to disagree with you to an extent. Music is very important. It's not just entertainment but it's also a way of life. Music is one of the greatest things. Sure, I can be happy with a cheap set of $10 headphones or even free headphones that come with a portable CD player.

But if I can invest a hundred dollars or more on a set of great headphones which will give me many years of pleasure, don't you think it's worth it? Incredible realsitic sound that blows me away for a few hundred dollars for many many years is actually a good investment if you think about it.

I agree, obsessing too much on headphones and audio gear is ridiculous. There should be a balance and going over board is ridiculous. Some people do spend too much and really should go out and buy themselves a nice pair of shoes and a good restaurant dinner instead or even better: travel and see the world.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #41 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

This is certifiably Head-Fi: Go here for parties doggies and clothes

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #42 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

0/10

If you're gonna troll a forum, at least be a bit more creative about it.

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #43 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

First who are you fudge judge us as insane ?
confused.gif

We do what we want, before i thought i'll never buy a headphone more then 80 $ (was happy with my Sony MDR V700) then i wanted a supra-aural because my Sony become Hot in summer, i tested a Grado sr60, Fall in love with it then bought a DAC Bithead and a RS-1 which is NOT for my budget but i love music and what i discover with Grado headphone make me open a new world
rs1smile.gif

You like it or no won't change anything
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #45 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

You joined head-fi just to ask that, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back