You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #6,076 of 6,356

When you're revising for physics and the video you're watching is titled "Momentum" and your mind immediately jumps to Sennheiser.

When the fact that nobody in the school you have been at for 5 years has ever been heard of or seen owning anything but stock earbuds and Beats makes you angry.

When you're reading this thread while revising physics.

When you have made your 11 year old sister hate Beats. She owns Skullcandy uprocks, which I compared side by side to my M50 and almost threw up.

I constantly get comments by the retards in my school about the size of my M50 which I actually think is fairly small,and that I should just use earbuds because "You can hide them in class".I say that there's no point just having a loud noise blurted down your ears, if you listen to music you need to enjoy it. One kid even described them as "£10 Argos headphones".

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #6,077 of 6,356
When you try to train your siblings how to respect and buy good sound and your training plan looks like this.

I call it, How to make your siblings buy good headphones! good name right?

Step 1: Get them to hear your gear, also get them to compare with their own and acknowledge that yours are better (win-win for you too because it helps boost your ego) also don't try to reveal too much of the price if the gear is expensive.

Step 2: Convince them to buy a good set of headphones, if they refuse to spend money because they are content with crap Apple earbuds, you can gift them headphones. Don't spend too much because you still want that new amp.

Step 3: Once they have heard the good sound they will eventually be craving for more. If they don't, lend them your gear, maybe for 1-2 weeks (only applies if your gear is better) also lend them some of your high quality FLAC/ALAC/CD's if your music taste is similar.

Step 4: Make your self the go-to person when they ask about sound and technology, because then they will see and feel your gear and get know your enthusiasm for sound, this will hopefully rub off of them. Also introduce them to head-fi.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit!

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #6,081 of 6,356
When you have to stop yourself from visiting The Deals Thread for fear of your wallet becoming even lighter.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #6,082 of 6,356
Quote:
When you have to stop yourself from visiting The Deals Thread for fear of your wallet becoming even lighter.

When you don't like how heavy gear is, and thus your gear and your wallet are both getting lighter.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #6,083 of 6,356
Did that months ago. Now I'm trying to convince myself I dont need a desktop rig, even though I am about to start a long project requiring many hours at my desk at home......Thankfully I'm having trouble finding what will be the best option, so my wallet is safe for now.
Quote:
When you don't like how heavy gear is, and thus your gear and your wallet are both getting lighter.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #6,084 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

Is that a good or bad thing?
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #6,085 of 6,356
I thought you guys might like this.

When you buy this thing for a purpose other than hanging bananas. That is actually pretty cool. I could just add something to the hook so it doesn't wear the padding...memory foam covered in faux leather looks like something that could work...this, this is how you know you are an audiophile hahaha.

But no...seriously...£95 for a wooden stand?

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #6,086 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
I thought you guys might like this.

When you buy this thing for a purpose other than hanging bananas. That is actually pretty cool. I could just add something to the hook so it doesn't wear the padding...memory foam covered in faux leather looks like something that could work...this, this is how you know you are an audiophile hahaha.

But no...seriously...£95 for a wooden stand?

That's pretty cheap relevant to this:
Try £420.00 for a plastic stand

only a company name like like Toxic Cables would sell something like this...

Or you can spend < $10 USD on this:

Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #6,090 of 6,356
Quote:

O_O
As an audiophile.....
I came

-to the realization that that is close to $20 000... :D

That really looks like what happens after a heist at an audio store. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread