You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #6,092 of 6,356
Quote:
When you buy this thing for a purpose other than hanging bananas. That is actually pretty cool. I could just add something to the hook so it doesn't wear the padding...memory foam covered in faux leather looks like something that could work...this, this is how you know you are an audiophile hahaha.

But no...seriously...£95 for a wooden stand?

In the US, it's about $200...33% more. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #6,093 of 6,356
Jan 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #6,094 of 6,356
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #6,095 of 6,356
When you're debating taking your Grados to school, and one thing not being considered is how much they leak.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #6,096 of 6,356
YKYAAW your in agony because of the school's TV speakers..

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #6,098 of 6,356
Several stores, only taking the Stax selection from each, and no duplicates.
Seems we're dealing with a ring-bearer.

Ring bearer or ring leader...?

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #6,100 of 6,356
Jan 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #6,101 of 6,356
Quote:
When you're debating taking your Grados to school, and one thing not being considered is how much they leak.

IKR. When I started taking my TF10s to school, I was really only worried about losing/breaking/having them stolen. Wasn't too concerned with how high the isolation is on IEMs/Comply tips. It's hilarious, I will have them in between classes, get really into a song, and not take them out when I get to class. Fast forward five minutes, and my teacher has been yelling at me for quite some time and I still haven't heard her.

Quote:
YKYAAW your in agony because of the school's TV speakers..

Just had this assembly at school, basically just a dance performance. When they actually played half-decent music through the godawful speakers in the auditorium...
size]

I put in my TF10s and enjoyed not hearing a single bit of the music they were playing.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #6,103 of 6,356
Quote:
As long as they let you take it with you.

Meh. I can always stage some big hostage situation, and then agree to give myself up, under the condition that I get written approval from the DA to take a pair of SR-009s to prison. With the rest of the rig too, of course.

YKYAA when you never watch youtube videos on webpages/in Head-Fi because your IEMs are in, and you really don't want to take them out to switch to computer headphones. (Or pause music and switch around cables.)

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #6,104 of 6,356
Quote:
Just had this assembly at school, basically just a dance performance. When they actually played half-decent music through the godawful speakers in the auditorium...
size]

I put in my TF10s and enjoyed not hearing a single bit of the music they were playing.

My old school had decent speakers in the important areas. Mostly JBLs. Cheapo Skytec rubbish in the classrooms though. There was some sweet vintage stuff in the music dept though. Pair of Rogers BBC monitors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back