You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #5,702 of 6,356
Last night I had a dream too similar to Fushigi Yuugi.  Only not animated.
Why is this relevant?  The book is titled "AKG 550" for whatever reason.
To think that I don't even own a real headphone yet.  It must be a sign.  I'm an audiophile in the making.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #5,703 of 6,356
when you get withdrawal symptoms going from full-size open headphones to budget IEM

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #5,704 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you are an audiophile when you avoid the for sale section here in the fear you might find something you want to buy. 

This so much >______>

I have to stay away from eBay as well.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #5,706 of 6,356
When you're taking a course surveying America's pop music and smile when you read "The better the sound quality your computer (or other technology) can provide, the more meaningful the course's investigation of music will be for you" and "Week 1: Introduction to the Study of Popular Music - Issues and goals; the nature of critical listening".

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #5,707 of 6,356
Wow. Congrats if that's true. I would say that's a spectacular deal for what's apparently a lightly-used SR-009 + SR-007tmkII and accessories. I am so jealous, but a new speaker rig beckons...

Are you serious? If so congrats, I'm very jelous

I wasn't serious :D, but dam if it wasn't a close thing. I did get a D5000 and an Audioengine D1 though.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #5,708 of 6,356
Quote:
I wasn't serious
biggrin.gif
, but dam if it wasn't a close thing. I did get a D5000 and an Audioengine D1 though.

Would very much have liked to see a head-fier get it. It was soooooo tempting. Probably the cheapest I have ever seen a SR-009 go for.

Getting back on-topic, you know you're an audiophile when you worry more about getting a way to fund your new speakers than your results in the national examination, to be announced tomorrow. Seriously, I am thinking of a way to get some KEF LS50s as a 16-year old kid without bothering my parents and getting them to pay for it. I foresee this current condition to change by tonight.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #5,709 of 6,356
You know your an Audiophile when you realize that the local bar is using Winamp to play music and seriously try to work the word "Winamp" into a pickup line for the cute barmaid... 
(couldn't find one)

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #5,711 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when the majority of your thoughts involve chasing audio White Whales.  My latest one downloading my vinyl to high rez audio preferably at or above 24/96.  Man this gets expensive fast!  16/44 no problem, MP3's no sweat.  Try getting above that and you need to turn you're house into a recording studio.  I want to give it up but I can't.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #5,712 of 6,356
I am sure this has been said but, when constantly explaining to co-workers why I paid $450.00 for some IEMs that don't look that much different than their $5.00 apple earbuds. Also questioning oneself when another respected audiophile negatively reviews your favorite IEM. And finally when you let a co-worker hear your $450.00 IEM and they look at you like...whaatever!!!

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #5,713 of 6,356
One is certain one is an audiophile when one sells a component, buys it back later on, and then cannot remember why he/she had sold it in the first place.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #5,714 of 6,356
Quote:
Last night I had a dream too similar to Fushigi Yuugi.  Only not animated.
Why is this relevant?  The book is titled "AKG 550" for whatever reason.
To think that I don't even own a real headphone yet.  It must be a sign.  I'm an audiophile in the making.

Do it. Apparently great soundstage on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back