You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #5,371 of 6,356
Quote:
lol well in fact i do find difficuilties at times talking to people in anything that isolates more than a grado
redface.gif

so being lazy as ever to dig into my pocket to pause or mute it i just talk to them with them being on
rolleyes.gif

In that situation, I have my Clip Zip attached to my shirt pocket, so it's easy to access the controls.
smile.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #5,372 of 6,356
Quote:
Also, they have the AKG K550. Somebody in another thread said their BestBuy had a Sennheiser HD700
eek.gif

I've purchased 550s from several best buys already, mostly in the VA area but I've seen here in NY as well, they're in the Magnolia Home Theater Section.

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #5,373 of 6,356
Dec 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #5,377 of 6,356
Dec 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5,380 of 6,356
I've got to get back to the BBs around where I live. Maybe they actually have some decent stuff now. Plus, I never did go into the home theater area, just the spot where they had all the headphones. Maybe this coming summer I'll take a walk to the closest one. It's quite a walk (probably over half an hour at my usual pace), but it'd be good just to actually have somewhere to go instead of just aimlessly wandering around the neighborhood and scaring the daylights out of weird people who apparently think I'm going to murder them just because I'm out after 10 in the evening and I happen to be splay-footed so I walk funny (true story).

Anyway, you know you're an audiophile when you'd rather bake alive during the summer than have a noisy fan or air conditioner running and ruining your music.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #5,381 of 6,356
Quote:
I've got to get back to the BBs around where I live. Maybe they actually have some decent stuff now. Plus, I never did go into the home theater area, just the spot where they had all the headphones. Maybe this coming summer I'll take a walk to the closest one. It's quite a walk (probably over half an hour at my usual pace), but it'd be good just to actually have somewhere to go instead of just aimlessly wandering around the neighborhood and scaring the daylights out of weird people who apparently think I'm going to murder them just because I'm out after 10 in the evening and I happen to be splay-footed so I walk funny (true story).

Anyway, you know you're an audiophile when you'd rather bake alive during the summer than have a noisy fan or air conditioner running and ruining your music.

When you consider your awesomely quiet air conditioner part of your audio rig.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5,382 of 6,356
When you go to a hockey game and start talking headphones to complete strangers instead of watching the game...they were vaguley interested...
what started it was one of them made a comment about not being able to hear the announcer, I then started explaining to them the problems with the sound system (high school arena)...which eventually led to me talking about headphones...

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #5,383 of 6,356
somehow i always up talking about headphones too to my friends. not sure if they are fed up of me doing that
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #5,384 of 6,356
Yeah its either the blank stare, or the smile and nod treatment...You can just about see their thoughts, "Here he goes again talking about headphones and amps, blah blah blah...Is it lunch time yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back