Dec 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #5,402 of 6,356
Dec 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #5,404 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
when you'd rather use grados on the airplane cause your iem's are too crappy
redface.gif
(though they isolate nicely)

And annoy the hell out of everyone around you? xD

When the weird looks you get when you blast your open 'phones in public don't bother you, but someone walks by with a pair of Beats and you have to force yourself not to say something to them.. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #5,405 of 6,356
When you don't wat to bash somebody who got Beats for Christmas because they will get mad.. I will get my moment though
biggrin.gif
 And they got the Solo's
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #5,406 of 6,356
When your brother just honestly offered to lend you a hundred bucks to help pay for a new set of IEMs if you agree to shut up about how awful his $10 Sonys are. :)

Just ordered TF10s. Kind of a little too excited.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #5,407 of 6,356
Quote:

And annoy the hell out of everyone around you? xD

lol nah im pretty considerate
wink.gif
 i just let the airplane noise drown out the noise that is radianting out to the other passengers, and i don't turn it on that loud too

side note: i think that solos are the most common beats around cause they are the cheapest original toy available with that 'b' word stamped on it, and they'd probably think that "hey they are all beats! there should be no difference between all of them so i might as well buy the cheapest one available!" (and maybe cause the solo is the most portable one)

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #5,408 of 6,356
Quote:
lol nah im pretty considerate
wink.gif
 i just let the airplane noise drown out the noise that is radianting out to the other passengers, and i don't turn it on that loud too

side note: i think that solos are the most common beats around cause they are the cheapest original toy available with that 'b' word stamped on it, and they'd probably think that "hey they are all beats! there should be no difference between all of them so i might as well buy the cheapest one available!" (and maybe cause the solo is the most portable one)

Kind of sad that my $20 IEMs almost certainly sound better than them, even before EQ'ing the massive bass boost and lower treble spike out. I can say I've half heard the Beats line, since the right earpiece on both display units (at BB, of course!) was broken. Also sad to say that, apart from that HD428 they had the last time I was in there, my $20 IEMs almost certainly sound better than anything in the store at that time. Maybe it's different now and they stock better headphones.

You know you're an audiophile when you know more than these four brands of headphones: Monster/Beats, Bose, Skullcandy, Sony.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #5,409 of 6,356
or when you know that sony actually does make some extremely good headphones
biggrin.gif

their image has been thoroughly tarnished in the public eyes due to them selling out so many cheapos compared to something like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic, which starts much higher up the budget range. (let alone something like Audeze or Hifiman)

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #5,410 of 6,356
Quote:
When you don't wat to bash somebody who got Beats for Christmas because they will get mad.. I will get my moment though
biggrin.gif
 And they got the Solo's
blink.gif

When your reading this line + drinking water at the same time you start choking because you laughed.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #5,411 of 6,356
or when you know that sony actually does make some extremely good headphones:D  

their image has been thoroughly tarnished in the public eyes due to them selling out so many cheapos compared to something like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic, which starts much higher up the budget range. (let alone something like Audeze or Hifiman)

or stax :)
It's interesting with peoples opinion on akg, they make a ton of cheaper headphones but they don't have any super high end stuff apart from the k1000 (which I kind of feel is a novelty)

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #5,412 of 6,356
Quote:
or stax :)
It's interesting with peoples opinion on akg, they make a ton of cheaper headphones but they don't have any super high end stuff apart from the k1000 (which I kind of feel is a novelty)

the K1000 is a legend, it probably helped them get their hifi image it is currently wearing
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #5,413 of 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm currently running Ubuntu Server 12.04, but theoretically you could run any modern OS that you're comfortable setting up. You're correct about the Sharing tab, though just playing around with it now I was able to access the folder by going to the Network section in Explorer and clicking on the computer where the folder is located. A prompt comes up asking for a username and password. I used the username and password for the computer I'm trying to access and I was able to view and modify anything in my Users section. I'd forgotten quite how it worked with Windows since I've been using Ubuntu for so long. It ultimately works similarly but requires more setup on the server end, including modifying a few text files and setting up a user account.

There are lots of tutorials for this sort of thing online which should be able to get you up and running. Hopefully I've given you a general idea how it might work.

Thanks a million! I'm going to have to figure out how this works ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSnail123 
Another Smogon visitor! 
biggrin.gif

One of my friends peaked at #1 on Pokemon Showdown recently... and then his brother came along and destroyed his rating. 
blink.gif

Did you mean Latias? She is a better wall ^_^ and can actually hold her own in combat... unlike SkarmBliss, or Chansey...
--------------------------
That must be some pokefamily. Which tier? If it's Uber or NU, mad props. Reminds me that I still have to transition from Online to Showdown...shows how much I've been out of it.

Sadly even with Soul Dew, she just won't experience the same amount of dominance that she did in Gen IV. 

It was OU, but even that's pretty hard to do in my opinion. Highest I got was around 1600-1700 in PS, and 1300 on PO.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #5,414 of 6,356
Quote:
You know your an audiophile when your opening presents and you have to explain what a DAC does.

Even though I'm late, I feel you man

Though I opened my DAC before christmas to avoid unwanted explanations to relatives

Though I did have to explain to my parents to justify them buying it
little summary: 
biggrin.gif

Every computer has a dac..... 0s and 1s..... onboard crappy...... So basically it makes music sound better

Them: Ok, sure you want that?

Me: Yeah

Them: Ok, cool

hahaha

I think you are an audiophile when you can justify actually getting a DAC, and when $100 cans, which before seemed expensive, now are"low end"and "entry level"

lol, all of these really gets to your'e brain, sometimes I like to grab my cheap (but IMO good) IEMs (JVC FX67), plug them into my iPod, and remember you don't need to spend much to actually enjoy the music....

Cheers!

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #5,415 of 6,356
Quote:
It was OU, but even that's pretty hard to do in my opinion. Highest I got was around 1600-1700 in PS, and 1300 on PO.

But the people who top it are never consistent. With the lesser common tiers, usually some mainstays that are always hard to beat.

Reading some RMTs, and wow I want to get on RU and UU right now.

In non-pokemon news - you know you're an audiophile when you don't ever have to buy a grill because your 1000W monoblock amps will do it for you. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back