Dec 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #5,236 of 6,356
Quote:
when you draw this out just to wish head-fi a very happy merry christmas
i know but i'm late by a little but...

M
erry Christmas!
biggrin.gif
 (happy headphone ID'ing too)

You know you're an audiophile when you know the headphones on those creatures but not the creatures themselves (they have a pokémon vibe to them)

Grado Labs PS500 on the red one, Sennheiser HD598 on the Purple one.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #5,237 of 6,356
Quote:
When you spend Christmas wishing your family would leave you alone so you could listen to music...
or spend Christmas lamenting how your family doesn't understand your addiction and won't buy you nice headphones for x-mas.

Sometimes the best things in life have to be earned for yourself.  You'll get what you want one day.  

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #5,238 of 6,356
Quote:

You know you're an audiophile when you know the headphones on those creatures but not the creatures themselves (they have a pokémon vibe to them)

was actually supposed to be a MS2i lol

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #5,240 of 6,356
Quote:
when you draw this out just to wish head-fi a very happy merry christmas
i know but i'm late by a little but...

Merry Christmas!
biggrin.gif
 (happy headphone ID'ing too)

I would have thought the Grados would suit Latios better, since its stat spread is the more offensively oriented of the two, and we all know how aggressive those Grados are. Latios, while no wall by any standard, could do well with the safer HD598.

...And you know you go on Smogon too often when you're worrying about stuff like that 
tongue.gif
. Great pic, happy holidays! 

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #5,241 of 6,356
Quote:

Grado and Alessandro look too much alike. xD

well yeah they are practically identical except the little badge on the grill 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I would have thought the Grados would suit Latios better, since its stat spread is the more offensively oriented of the two, and we all know how aggressive those Grados are. Latios, while no wall by any standard, could do well with the safer HD598.

...And you know you go on Smogon too often when you're worrying about stuff like that 
tongue.gif
. Great pic, happy holidays! 

thanks,and happy festive season to you too
biggrin.gif

and oh yeah that's true, didn't realize that
tongue.gif
 i just picked the 2 of my fav pairs of cans and placed it on my fav pair of pokemon, and thought the bigger HD598 would look better on latios and the smaller pair of MS2i on latias  (just realized that latios rhymes with grados too) 

...when your only excuse/reason to put these on head-fi is because they have headphones drawn on them
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #5,242 of 6,356
When you get better from a cold only to realize you still have congested ears...and then all of a sudden you can't appreciate your headphones anymore because everything sounds so veiled with congested ears...

I am a sad man, today. :/

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #5,246 of 6,356
Quote:

I knew all 4 from the moment i saw it :D also, nice art Streetdragon!

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #5,247 of 6,356

might be the wrong thread, but i found it really funny/amusing watching my grandmother rediscovering Miles Davis with my Grados. She tried to take them home with her XD

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #5,249 of 6,356
Quote:
you get that weird vibe from your friends when you tell them and show them your new $500 headphones...but you have gotten used to it because it happened 5 times before

Yeah, I got that glazed "what are you talking about" look from family and friends, too.  What I was saying made perfect sense to me, though.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #5,250 of 6,356
You know your an audiophile when your opening presents and you have to explain what a DAC does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back