You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #5,027 of 6,356
Quote:
Yes, they are a very good place to start. It will wow the **** out of you if you're coming from consumer-grade equipment and it will definitely give you a strong foothold in the hobby. Without the M50 I wouldn't be here right now, I'm glad it was my first good headphone.

Well, put it this way. I've never owned headphones worth more than £5..

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #5,028 of 6,356
OK, thats a nice one! :) added to my repertoire.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #5,029 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when people ask you what the heck is that you're carrying? And you have to explain to them that its your "portable" Digital Audio Player. I get asked by the local folks here that quite often. Whenever I meet new people when walking into some place they don't even ask my name, they just ask "what is that?" with a look of curiosity while pointing to my dap.

I can imagine walking around with an E17 and people shouting at you for not 'just buying an iPhone'. *Facepalm*

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #5,030 of 6,356
biggrin.gif
 that is actually hilarious!
You know, someone should make a backpack to put red wine audio system in, carry a portable power pack in a gym bag (of course, with holes for cables to the amp) and wear audezes of choice. Well, either that or Jecklins.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5,031 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when people ask you what the heck is that you're carrying? And you have to explain to them that its your "portable" Digital Audio Player. I get asked by the local folks here that quite often. Whenever I meet new people when walking into some place they don't even ask my name, they just ask "what is that?" with a look of curiosity while pointing to my dap.

I can imagine walking around with an E17 and people shouting at you for not 'just buying an iPhone'. *Facepalm*

The E7 looks more like an iPhone than the E17 since the whole front face is reflective plastic(?). I sometimes fool myself into thinking it's an iPhone 4.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #5,032 of 6,356
Quote:

Well, you're in for quite a treat, then. You'll immediately notice how much more detailed and spacious the M50 is than what you're used to. You'll also notice the sub bass, which is unusually present on them. Kick drums really come alive. It's a quality I miss in my other headphones.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #5,033 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

Well, you're in for quite a treat, then. You'll immediately notice how much more detailed and spacious the M50 is than what you're used to. You'll also notice the sub bass, which is unusually present on them. Kick drums really come alive. It's a quality I miss in my other headphones.

The M50 doesn't have sub-bass, it's mostly midbass and rolls off at the rock bottom end.

Still has a better low end than most in its price range though, and its very likable.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #5,034 of 6,356
Quote:
The M50 doesn't have sub-bass, it's mostly midbass and rolls off at the rock bottom end.

Still has a better low end than most in its price range though, and its very likable.

Then my headphones must be really rolled off because it definitely had more down there than anything I currently own. It also had quite a midbass bump as well, which I found somewhat excessive.

Still, for what they are, they're definitely a good headphone. My issues with them are mainly tuning, and of course that's highly subjective.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #5,035 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

Then my headphones must be really rolled off because it definitely had more down there than anything I currently own. It also had quite a midbass bump as well, which I found somewhat excessive.

Still, for what they are, they're definitely a good headphone. My issues with them are mainly tuning, and of course that's highly subjective.

I'd say that's a pretty decent-looking sub-bass response:

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #5,037 of 6,356
Quote:

In my case, this has largely been true this year.  With the exception of one person (a fellow Head-Fier ironically), all of my gifts this year are audio-related.  I wouldn't call it mania though.  I just happen to know that they all listen with crap gear, and I'm performing errands of mercy.

I was going to do that.. but I wanted to spend some $$$ on headphones for myself too 
evil_smiley.gif

Still bought 2 pairs for my friends ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back