You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #5,011 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you blow off hanging out with your closest friends just to listen to those new cans or IEM at home.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #5,014 of 6,356
Quote:
When you cringe at the businessmen beside you in the apple store debating how "good beats are" while there's a perfectly amazing pair of UE900s below them.

When you'd take a pair of scissors to the cables on the display model Beats if you could get away with it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5,016 of 6,356
Quote:
It's 37 years old 
tongue.gif

And still better than many headphones I've had, which is kind of pathetic. Given a choice between the 4AAA and the M50, I'd choose the 4AAA, if that tells you anything. 

I'm actually getting the M50s for christmas. They may be over-hyped but they are good, especially as they'll be my first entry into the audiophile world of which I am loving. They are a good base starting point I think.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #5,017 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
It's 37 years old 
tongue.gif

And still better than many headphones I've had, which is kind of pathetic. Given a choice between the 4AAA and the M50, I'd choose the 4AAA, if that tells you anything. 

I'm actually getting the M50s for christmas. They may be over-hyped but they are good, especially as they'll be my first entry into the audiophile world of which I am loving. They are a good base starting point I think.

Yes, they are a very good place to start. It will wow the **** out of you if you're coming from consumer-grade equipment and it will definitely give you a strong foothold in the hobby. Without the M50 I wouldn't be here right now, I'm glad it was my first good headphone.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #5,018 of 6,356
I won't deny they did a lot of things right. Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad I tried them. I'd almost like to try them again, but I need another full-sized closed headphone in that general price range ($75-$150) like I need a hole in the head right now.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #5,019 of 6,356
When it perplexes and annoys you that every single listing on eBay misspells the word "audiophile".

No kidding, every single listing spells it as "audiofile". Have yet to see someone spell it right.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #5,020 of 6,356
Quote:
When it perplexes and annoys you that every single listing on eBay misspells the word "audiophile".

No kidding, every single listing spells it as "audiofile". Have yet to see someone spell it right.

Maybe they're targeting music as their audience. After all, mp3s and flacs work just as hard all day as we do, and when they go home and relax, they kick up their feet, throw on their favorite headphones, and put on their favorite tunes just like us. So why not take advantage of the lucrative market of selling exclusively to audio files?

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #5,021 of 6,356
Quote:

Maybe they're targeting music as their audience. After all, mp3s and flacs work just as hard all day as we do, and when they go home and relax, they kick up their feet, throw on their favorite headphones, and put on their favorite tunes just like us. So why not take advantage of the lucrative market of selling exclusively to audio files?

XD

you know you are an audiophile when you switch off your console's game music so you can play your own copy of the same song from your own setup at high quality
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #5,022 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when your first thought for a gift for somebody is audio-related. Hmm...they like to exercise, so maybe a nice IEM or clip-on with good bass to get them pumped up.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #5,023 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when your first only thought for a gift for somebody is audio-related.

In my case, this has largely been true this year.  With the exception of one person (a fellow Head-Fier ironically), all of my gifts this year are audio-related.  I wouldn't call it mania though.  I just happen to know that they all listen with crap gear, and I'm performing errands of mercy.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #5,024 of 6,356
Quote:

In my case, this has largely been true this year.  With the exception of one person (a fellow Head-Fier ironically), all of my gifts this year are audio-related.  I wouldn't call it mania though.  I just happen to know that they all listen with crap gear, and I'm performing errands of mercy.

They'll thank you someday. Hopefully not by running up to you, all excited, saying "Thanks so much for getting me into audio! I just upgraded to Beats and they're A-W-E-S-O-M-E!"

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #5,025 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when people ask you what the heck is that you're carrying? And you have to explain to them that its your "portable" Digital Audio Player. I get asked by the local folks here that quite often. Whenever I meet new people when walking into some place they don't even ask my name, they just ask "what is that?" with a look of curiosity while pointing to my dap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back