You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #2,986 of 6,356
Quote:
Wait what?? You mean you don't have headphones with you at all times??

biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,987 of 6,356
Sep 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,990 of 6,356
... when you start getting out of the "fashion" crowd to put something as big as an headset? 

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #2,992 of 6,356
Quote:
This morning i actually saw a pair of ue pro11 on my way to uptown whittier..they were red and said ue..then i walked away beccause i was wearing klipsch referance s4

LOL!  I've done that.  Sometimes I'm just evaluating a pair of cans or gettin impressions about something and I just don't want to go through the who rigarmarole of explaining why I've got crap on my head.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #2,993 of 6,356
...you get a PhD in Ethnomusicology mostly because it is an excellent way to justify your headphone and speaker 'collection' - applied research, and now you can deduct it all as 'professional development.'  

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #2,994 of 6,356
Quote:
...you get a PhD in Ethnomusicology mostly because it is an excellent way to justify your headphone and speaker 'collection' - applied research, and now you can deduct it all as 'professional development.'  

Wait, did you actually do that?  The other day I was entertaining the thought of doing the audiologist thing as a hobby so that I don't have to go to someone else for fittings and such.

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,995 of 6,356
you know you are an audiophile when ..... you spend the equivalent of a new ferrari to buy a vinyl rig to play music like old neil diamond records that went out of style thirty years ago just because it sounds one fraction better than the last obsolete vinyl rig that you mortgaged your house to buy just twelve months ago . after all it is never about how good or bad the music is -- it is about how realistic you can make it sound in your listening room . :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2,997 of 6,356
when you go to best buy to get a new cell phone and end up spending over half of your time auditioning the headphones they have on display instead of doing what you went there to do

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,998 of 6,356
when you go to best buy to get a new cell phone and end up spending over half of your time auditioning the headphones they have on display instead of doing what you went there to do

The local bestbuy only has the Bose Qc15, skullcandy aviators and they used to have a pair of 429 on display but not anymore.

On the bright side the Apple store now has quite a few new headphones on display which I tried out today.
Sol HD (their flagship pair) - absolutely horrendous sound
Harmon Kardon CL (Did I get that right?) decent I guess
Monster Inspiration - Not as bad as I would have thought. I guess for someone with fashion in mind you could do much worse.
Bowers and Wilkins P3 - I thought they were very solid.
Amperiors - also a very solid pair. I tried these on at SSI and noticed an improvement over the HD25.

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #2,999 of 6,356
Quote:
The local bestbuy only has the Bose Qc15, skullcandy aviators and they used to have a pair of 429 on display but not anymore.

Odd, because my Best Buy has a huge headphones section, there's at least 20 different headphones on display including all models of beats, the Aviators, the XB500, the QC15, some other Skullcandy phones, Klipsch, etc etc.

Most of them were terrible of course, but I liked the Aviators and the Klipsch Image One. The QC15... was meh. And needless to say the beats were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back