You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2,881 of 6,356
...when the first thing you do when you see a Beats commercial is gag.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #2,883 of 6,356
Quote:
...when the first thing you do when you see a Beats commercial is gag.

These things are hilarious though.
At this point it's clear that they aren't even trying to appeal to anyone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

Beats decompress, re-encode, and magically restore your 180kbps mp3 files.
Seems legit.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #2,889 of 6,356
I came up with that one yesterday walking out of work into a 24 hour lab that had three freshman looking people wearing Bose headphones. I assumed that their was some type of back to school deal on them or something. Usually only see Beats around here. Or whatever is the cheapest thing on the market.
Quote:
Mmmm. I notice EVERY pair of headphones that I see on the street and can usually identify every one of them (even some obscure audio technica yamaha remakes)

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2,890 of 6,356
When checking out headphones on amazon, you read all 423 reviews of a particular headphone your interested in, then go to another website to read more reviews of the same headphone.

When you spend a bunch of money just to make a rediculous looking avatar for Head-Fi.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #2,891 of 6,356
Nicely done, but I fear many would never buy Beats, as you've now supported them monetarily. 
Quote:
When checking out headphones on amazon, you read all 423 reviews of a particular headphone your interested in, then go to another website to read more reviews of the same headphone.
When you spend a bunch of money just to make a rediculous looking avatar for Head-Fi.

You know you're an audiophile when your friend (who makes cables for her job working for a retailer) starts asking you for advice on recabling their headphones.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #2,892 of 6,356
Quote:

You DEFINITELY know you're an audiophile when you see said avatar and just want to kick the ever-loving-s**t out of something. 
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2,894 of 6,356
...when the first thing you do when you get a vintage headphone is try to make it sound better than what it normally does...

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #2,895 of 6,356
i was buying shoes when i had a powerful urge to get some skullcandy just because they were in the store too

i guess sometimes being an audiophile is like drinking yourself sober; a complete paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back