You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #2,596 of 6,356
See, this is why it's been so long since I've spent more than US$150 on audio equipment. It's somewhat more difficult to appreciate quality sound when you're being sent to the hospital with scurvy. 
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #2,597 of 6,356
Lol I rarely even notice the brand of the instant noodles I buy :p... I judge the quality of a ramen by the number of condiment/spice bags included in it. I've seen up to 5-6. Sometimes I'm surprised to find rice or bean noodles, but all in all I love how each Ramen tastes unique! (when you purchase them from an Asiatic grocery that offers many brands)

Meh, the Asian grocery stores in my area are all ridiculously expensive. Better to buy from supermarkets, online or buy in bulk from wholesale companies.

Then again, I still live with my parents so I'm not really one to judge.

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #2,598 of 6,356
My supermarkets sell like one or two brands, with three or four boring flavors in total, of fake (non-Asiatic) and tasteless instant noodles.

Actually my small Asiatic market I go to has the cheapest price on eggs, bread, soy milk, vegetables, many meats, etc. ... and yeah I always end up going there, because of that considerably lower price, and since there's overall quality in their products too.

It's smelly, it's crammed, they sell weird mushrooms, fishes and other animal parts, I can't read the labels (some times I absolutely no idea of what is contained in that tin can), but it's clean, the people are nice and polite... and they have one full alley of instant noodles!

Scurvy? oh yeah, Vitamin C, exactly like the one you find in a Ramen! I surely never had such a deficiency/sickness!

As long as you eat fruits and vegetables in between whatever unhealthy food you like, I think you're safe.

No joke I must have survived almost one full week (more like 5 days) only on white rice once, at the end of the finals, and it didn't feel bad.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #2,601 of 6,356
You know your an audiophile when ... your talking to someone and thinking of your beloved sound rig possibilities while giving them a butter wouldnt melt in your mouth attentiveness )

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #2,602 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile/headphone fanatic when everyone around you starts asking you for recommendations. Seriously. :xf_eek:

Oh and, you can't be an audiophile when you don't know your noodles. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #2,603 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile/headphone fanatic when everyone around you starts asking you for recommendations. Seriously. :xf_eek:

Oh and, you can't be an audiophile when you don't know your noodles. :D

Or when you have just about repaired over a dozen broken plugs from several brands of headphones. :p

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2,605 of 6,356
Who can afford food....?!?
Quote:
when you skipped dinner to listen to your latest phone or cd 

Food is over rated. Who needs food when you got music!!!!!

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,610 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when... you keep looking at an empty wallet, purse or bank account. And you go ahead and plan the next purchase anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back